Thread: The Last of Us II

Default The Last of Us II

So whose played it? What you guys think?

I know everything asking the same question, why the hell is the tranny more muscular than every male character in the game? I have no idea I've been pondering that the entire game.

I've played through a good chunk of it, it ain't a bad game but certainly not a 10/10. Story wise it's weaker than the first game, I haven't read the leaks but I know where this story is going. There's a lot of drawn out violence in the game aimed to shock but it just doesn't.

I wish games still had a great story but you know where actually fun to play with good smooth gameplay.

This is a game with a trans person in it?

How many years before videogame characters are pick your own gender? Play as Mario or Mariah, the pre-op trans plumber who wins the game by getting King Koopa cancelled on social media for his dinosaur attitudes towards promoting non-binary bob-ombs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    This is a game with a trans person in it?

How many years before videogame characters are pick your own gender? Play as Mario or Mariah, the pre-op trans plumber who wins the game by getting King Koopa cancelled on social media for his dinosaur attitudes towards promoting non-binary bob-ombs.
    Yeah in the second part of the game you play as a trans though it never outright says she/he is trans. You get the hints though as Abby (her name) is borderline bodybuilder. I mean she looks like a jacked MMA fighter. When you playing you could mistake her for being some sort of Viking. There's an odd sex scene where you see her semi-nude and then it's like yeah this is a trans. They try to make you like her and see her perspective of the story but it just didn't work.

Thats the issue a lot of people have with this game. The story tries to shock you and be 'daring' but it doesn't. You have no say in the decisions your character makes, it's just a linear path you follow. With games like the witcher and others where decision making plays a huge part in how the story plays out. Being forced to press square to continue the story by beating someone to death just felt forced.

It's a lot like Red Dead 2 but no open world. Linear mission and storyline with clunky unimproved gameplay. But it looks good and is realistic.

Great game!

According to Metacritic
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

The game is amazing. But not without its flaws.

One of the things I had with Ellie, is that I did not want to die. And you wanted to get revenge. But over the course of the game, this becomes sort of meaningless after slaying hundreds of people. But I still was rooting for her as a survivor.

And then you start with Abby. And I understand what they tried to do, but due to Ellie I just had created this severe hate for the character, and could not care less if she died. Plus, it felt like there was always enough ammunition around. Anyway, this resulted in me just sprinting through her scenes trying to forward the story with Ellie again. Even though they were showing the hardships and the layers of Abbie and the group.

What I did love was reading up and hearing about all the world building. Getting a sense of what might have happened, and how things ended up as is. Like with the first one with the boat guy that ended up in the sewer.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997