Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That new Playstation 5

Default this does look amazing though...too bad i suck at souls games

So I managed to get one. I ain't played it much due to Cyberpunk and I'm playing that on PC.

First impressions are it's big. It's a PC tower, the Xbox One got a lot of shit for being a big box, I dont like the way this looks either. The stand is quite flimsy when you place it on it's side. People have been raving about the dual sense controller. After really trying it out for a bit, the haptics and all feel great in that Astro's game which comes preloaded, it really is nice and one does wonder what other devs can do with this in other games. However that's it. The d-pad I did not like, it's very stiff wasn't good when I tested out Mortal Kombat. I got the xbox series X controller for my PC and though it's the same shit as before I prefer the D-pad on that. I think overall as a controller the Series X one is better. I've always preferred Xbox controllers but even now with all the gimmicks the PS5 controller has, the Xbox is still better as an out and out controller.

The system overally is super quite, that's the best part about it. No noise at all. To be honest by the time we see this make the most of games it will be a year and a half.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    So I managed to get one. I ain't played it much due to Cyberpunk and I'm playing that on PC.

First impressions are it's big. It's a PC tower, the Xbox One got a lot of shit for being a big box, I dont like the way this looks either. The stand is quite flimsy when you place it on it's side. People have been raving about the dual sense controller. After really trying it out for a bit, the haptics and all feel great in that Astro's game which comes preloaded, it really is nice and one does wonder what other devs can do with this in other games. However that's it. The d-pad I did not like, it's very stiff wasn't good when I tested out Mortal Kombat. I got the xbox series X controller for my PC and though it's the same shit as before I prefer the D-pad on that. I think overall as a controller the Series X one is better. I've always preferred Xbox controllers but even now with all the gimmicks the PS5 controller has, the Xbox is still better as an out and out controller.

The system overally is super quite, that's the best part about it. No noise at all. To be honest by the time we see this make the most of games it will be a year and a half.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I thought about purchasing one but there are no good games out yet. I'm waiting on the next Witcher 3 type game, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed without humans, and space traveling simulator (Star Citizen). When that happens, I'll purchase a PS5.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The ABBOTT

watching some game play of the PS5 on YouTube. How much of an improvement it to the PS4? I have yet to see something that I was in awe of, seems like they are releasing a new console because they haven't upgraded in awhile and know people will be excited about a new console and will spend their money to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    watching some game play of the PS5 on YouTube. How much of an improvement it to the PS4? I have yet to see something that I was in awe of, seems like they are releasing a new console because they haven't upgraded in awhile and know people will be excited about a new console and will spend their money to acquire.
    The main difference is load times. Games just load much much quicker.

Other than that, if you get Demon Souls it obviously looks pretty good. A big improvement over the PS4? I wouldn't really say. Games won't make full use of the PS5's power for quite some time. Even then for you to see the difference you would need a TV or monitor that can actually make the most of it. Ideally your gonna need a 4K TV/Monitor that has a 120hz refresh rate. The PS5 doesn't natively support 1440p which sucks, but they might patch that in the future.

So at the moment there isn't much to it apart from playing some PS4 games at higher framerates.

The ABBOTT

Thanks Hanzo for the info. Sounds like you could wait to buy and even wait for a price drop might be a good idea.

I ain't properly measured but the controller battery lasts around 5-6 hours. I'm having to charge this thing daily.