Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
Out of the loop question. How will buying Sega help them?
One of the big problems during the Xbone lifespan was first party titles. They announces them too early, and they were canned or got delayed so much they ended up as crap. Besides that, what did get released did not really get the people interested either. What was that megaman game, ReCore?

Now I don't know what their vision is exactly, but they have been buying up studios left & right. Amongst others they bought Double Fine, which is currently working on Psychonauts 2. And with an acquisition like that one begins to wonder about the release. But they have promised that the titles will remain multiplatform. But I think it is not the exclusivity they are aiming for (like with what Epic is doing for their storefront). But rather making sure that these games appear on the subscription model, and that they are optimized for that model.

They studios seem to be happy with it since they are getting a huge influx of money. And they have little to no interference from MS, for now.

Buying SEGA, of which the Yakuza titles were PS only since the PS2 if I'm correct. But only recently got released on PC, and now XB. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) If they buy SEGA, they could optimize loads of titles for their platform. Have an easier way of working together. And make sure more titles are created. Furthermore, SEGA is in financial trouble at the moment and has sold of their arcade department and asked about 650 (?) people to retire early.

So for SEGA is would be a lifesaver. And for MS it would again guarantee an influx of proper games, which means money and customers.

Regarding these new models by MS, what the fuck. Their messaging is so all over, and for months I had no idea what was launching exactly with their confusing naming. Other than that, they seem to be stuck in the 360 era with their spacemarines. Halo, Gears. Come one, we've seen this. And it is the same shit over & over. So the games are not doing it for me.

Besides that, they are trying to shove that subscription model on their customers. Which means that nobody will own their games anymore, and are subject to the decisions of the developers. (Like with P.T., although that was a free demo.) And they are still on all the specifications, which I could give a shit about. If there was one thing the Xbone failed to deliver on, it was games. You can have the best specs, but without the games it ain't shit. And Sony had that on lock on the PS4, and really showed that they were looking at how videogame should mature. (Ironically the same way they did with the PSX 20 years earlier.)