Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Cappadonna's got a new album out...

Is Cappa rockin' a fake beard?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Could be. Probably Just For Men also. I remember there was a Rza ad for some headphones I think and his beard looked airbrushed.

I still rock c.d.'s. I am rocking a rental 2020 Nissan Pathfinder right now and surprisingly, it has a c.d. player. Sounds real nice, makes me want to let the dealership keep my vehicle and just buy this off of the rental company

nada ignorante

CD players were the shit. I remember one time i was in my ride and my cd player was fucked wouldnt play anything until I put the Illmatic cd in and it worked... I was high too lol
    N.I.

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    The Pillage 2 has some good tracks. I bought 2 albums from GLF (not the Ear Candy one) back in the day and they arrived okay. There was an issue with the delivery of The Pillage 2 but I reached out to Cappa's right hand man (he's on the albums too but I forget his name) on social media (he runs GLF) and he set it straight. I'm thinking GLF is a one or two men company
    Yep, Amar Divine handles things there. I've purchased a bunch of stuff there and they always come through. And, like you experienced, the one time there was a delivery issue they took care of right away.

You can say a lot of shit about all Wu members but no one has fallen as much as Cappa. The guy went from releasing a dope-ass CD with great beats, perfect mix and master, being played in radio, and rocking shows around the world to releasing CDs that sounds worst than demos 15 years ago. The fun part is he still sticks with Wu and do shows with 'em.

Is he really that broke that he can't pay for a decent studio and engineer? Some on this thread said Cappa's talented and still can write but to be honest I can't recollect any of his dope verse for the last few years. Maybe if I'd think more I'd find like 2 or 3 tracks but that's all.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

I am guessing he probably ran through all of that 90's and 2000's Wu Tang money and never saved a dime and now he is suffering for it. That period of exile from Wu Tang probably did not help either until he eventually had to come crawling back to Rza

Shaolin Master

fake beard >> disheveled beard

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Cappa just announced he got ANOTHER album on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I am guessing he probably ran through all of that 90's and 2000's Wu Tang money and never saved a dime and now he is suffering for it. That period of exile from Wu Tang probably did not help either until he eventually had to come crawling back to Rza
    Cappa’s a real G...... He’s never really got any help from the clan (so far as music/money is concerned). Whatever he’s been able to achieve, he’s pretty much done on his own.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

^How you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Cappa’s a real G...... He’s never really got any help from the clan (so far as music/money is concerned). Whatever he’s been able to achieve, he’s pretty much done on his own.
    What does that mean? He got publishing money for his work. They put him on as a Wu member after the group was already established, they didn't have to do that at all.

He got a ridiculous advance for The Pillage, spent it all, and wanted more money from RZA, who fired him, and then he came back when he'd had enough of driving a cab.

Yeah, Cappa seems to be a cool and laid-back guy but he also acts like a typical guy who doesn't know how to handle his money and mentally is still in the hood. If he had invested the Wu money right he'd be living off it now easily.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    ^How you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    What does that mean? He got publishing money for his work. They put him on as a Wu member after the group was already established, they didn't have to do that at all.

He got a ridiculous advance for The Pillage, spent it all, and wanted more money from RZA, who fired him, and then he came back when he'd had enough of driving a cab.

I'm not sure about all the details, I'm just assuming on what I know about Cappa or what I've heard about his situation eg...(On the Pillage there was pretty much zero clan features 2. Dude was forced to drive cabs for a living to support his family). Based on that I reckon the clan didn't really support Cappa either financially or musically? But don't quote me on that it's just my personal opinion!

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Cappadonna has a lot of features on Wu members solo albums and The Pillage did pretty good back in the day. I don’t know the Clans hustle regarding royalties, cutting the cake and such, but he should be doing pretty good. I don’t really care that much to be honest. It’s just a shame he doesn’t drop quality music no more