Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Cappadonna's got a new album out...

Default So Cappadonna's got a new album out...

Black Is Beautiful - dropped 06/26/2020

https://www.glfent.com/product-page/...eautiful-album

Dude must have sold like zero copies! Promotion for this was pretty much non-existent. If it hasn't even been posted on here for the Wu-heads then you know that no one knows about this shit.

No real Wu features except for Desert Eagle, Lounge Mode, JoJo Pellegrino and Carlton Fisk are on one track. Not sure who produced the album.

I'm about to give this a listen now, I'm not expecting much though.

Peace!

Passacaglia Sample 👍

thanks for the heads up Pattch!

track posted by FeLo is dope

peace yall

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Cappa really needs to sort out his marketing/promo.

Dude dropped an 12 track project produced entirely by Pete Rock and called it "Hip-Hop The Mix Tape" - and didn't mention Pete Rock's name anywhere... shit went under the radar completely unnoticed.

And don't get me started on "HipHop Fish & Chicken by Ear Candy and Cappadonna"...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    this can't be life. absolutely EVERY element of this track is straight trash

but yeah, say no to the drugs and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    this can't be life. absolutely EVERY element of this track is straight trash

but yeah, say no to the drugs and all that

Man the whole album was a tough listen.

I really have no idea at this point why he is still making and putting out albums. I can totally see why he isn't promoting this shit, the fewer people that know about this the better!

Even the posse cut was ruined by fuckin' terrible mix/mastering.

DELETE!
    Last edited by Pattch82; 06-29-2020 at 03:20 PM.

The thing is Cappa is still talented, and can still write a good verse. He just has zero quality control, plus he's trying to be modern and he shouldn't.

PRODIGAL SUN

thanks for the info

I like Trouble. But "How I Feel" is ehhhhh....no

Spark dat booger foot!

Wu-Tang seemed to have some pretty good marketing and promotion in the late 90's. Wu-Wear was good promotion. But, yeah, they've always been way behind the curve. For example, they never even capitalized on the internet. Never had an official wu-tang site that was ever well maintained, hence this forum filling in the void.

What am I even buying at this website? https://www.glfent.com/

There's no tracklisting. I guess I'm getting a CD? I was able to add it to my cart. Shipping is $3.

There's also two other albums. Ear Candy and The Pillage 2.

I wish they had a combo deal if you buy all 3.

The Pillage 2 has some good tracks. I bought 2 albums from GLF (not the Ear Candy one) back in the day and they arrived okay. There was an issue with the delivery of The Pillage 2 but I reached out to Cappa's right hand man (he's on the albums too but I forget his name) on social media (he runs GLF) and he set it straight. I'm thinking GLF is a one or two men company

I'm so glad I'm past the phase where I was a total Wu completist and bought up everything with the W on. Otherwise I know I'd be wasting money buying this trash!

I bought so many albums/singles/CD's/vinyls in the period of '96 to probably around 2012, just because they had the W on, or were loosely affiliated with Wu. I bought like five different versions of 8 Diagrams lol! The two different CD cover versions, the double vinyl, and two of the metal tin boxsets with the Wu-Wear t-shirt.

Peace!

Peace CT

Yeah I hear ya. Now I look at track list, producers etc before I purchase. Especially considering CDs are now more expensive( think KP was charging 35 bucks for his latest snooze fest). And obviously u can hear it through other sources. Now if it were year 2000 I woulda bought both these without hesitation. Although by now we should know Cappa isn’t putting out the best material. His discography is pretty bad. Peace

Who even plays CDs anymore? I carry around USB sticks. I have a cd player in my ol' 4runner, but newer ones don't even play cds.

If I'm coughing up $20 or more, i rather just have a vinyl copy then rip it myself to my cassette 4 track and eventually to cd.

Seems like an old plastic jewel case and cd is so 90's. It's 2020. Package something together more interesting.

Who knows, maybe my nostalgia for my own CDs will come back and I'll play them again. I fuckin hate when one skips though. Even when you've been trying to keep it mint.