Thread: Master P's 'No Limit Chronicles' Documentary Series Coming To BET In July

Default Master P's 'No Limit Chronicles' Documentary Series Coming To BET In July

"The story of Master P and No Limit Records will be told on BET’s airwaves.No Limit Chronicles, a five-part documentary series about the Hip Hop mogul and his label, has landed on the ViacomCBS-owned channel. The upcoming show is scheduled to premiere on July 29 with subsequent episodes airing Wednesdays at 9 p.m. Eastern.
    “BET is the perfect outlet for the NL Chronicles,” P told Billboard. “I want to continue to inspire and educate my fans and introduce my journey to a new generation. Many will relate to my humble beginnings and realize there are No Limits to what you can accomplish with hard work and determination.”
    No Limit Chronicles will feature interviews with P and past members of his label’s roster. Notable interviewees include Snoop Dogg, Romeo Miller, Silkk The Shocker, Mia X, Mystikal and Fiend.
    “Percy ‘Master P’ Miller rose from humble beginnings to become a pioneer in the rap game and leave an indelible mark on the industry,” BET announced in a press release. “With entrepreneurial aspirations in the pursuit of Black ownership, Master P’s hard work and perseverance drove him to start No Limit Records and ultimately build an empire that would become one of the most successful Hip Hop brands in history.
    “Throughout the ’90s, label productivity reflected a work ethic unlike any previous consortium, as No Limit Records released an astonishing 66 albums and amassed a collection of platinum plaques, generating nearly half a billion dollars in one decade, making millions and millionaires during that time.”

BET continued, “As is common in many rags-to-riches stories, with their success and money came problems. Between infighting over a contract disputes, an artist exodus and business deals gone awry, No Limit suffered tough times. Years later, following in his father’s footsteps, Master P’s son Romeo resurrected the company as New No Limit Forever Records, giving new life to the label and preserving the family business.”
    No Limit Chronicles is produced by Entertainment One (eOne) and Creature Films. P and Romeo serve as executive producers along with reps from eOne and Creature Films.
    Watch the trailer for the documentary series above and check out HipHopDX’s interview with P below.

Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-29-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Overrated. Master P and No Limit were wack compared to other hip hop of the same era.

ughhhhhhh

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

If you dig deep enough there are actually some dope No Limit albums. Mac's Shell Shocked is probably the most overlooked.

Don't think I've ever listened to a No Limit album, other than the couple of joints Snoop Dogg did. I remember liking Mystikal for a while but it was probably his stuff after he left No Limit.

Still interested to check this out though, could be good.

Peace!

nada ignorante

I like to think of Master P as the ultimate hustler
    N.I.

P is releasing a new album to coincide with the documentary series

the album is colled 'No Limit Chronicles : The Lost Tapes' : 22 tracks, with new songs, remakes and classic features

there's an official website for the show and album but it doesn't have anything new on offer really (I don't see a tracklist for example) : http://nolimitchronicles.com/

the website DOES announce a Master P biopic called 'King Of The South', which has its own website : http://thekingofthesouthmovie.com/

looks like Lionsgate is involved in making this movie

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Overrated. Master P and No Limit were wack compared to other hip hop of the same era.

ughhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post

ughhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    I like to think of Master P as the ultimate hustler
    I agree with Sense A about No limit being wack but Hotnikks is right too. Master P at one time was the richest dude in rap, because all his money was made independently or so I’ve read?

P had a deal with Priority (which distributed No Limit albums during their most successful years, so in the second half of the nineties) where P was allowed to retain the album masters for all the NL releases and get a 75% income on the retail price of every album. it's probably one of the best deals in hiphop history

I was reading up on P online yesterday and wikipedia (for what it's worth) stated that there was one year (it was probably '98) where P pulled in $160 million mostly off of the slew of albums released that year. of course he still had to pay bills (artists, producers etc) so Forbes had him at an actual income of $56.5 million that year. that's amazing

DX interview with production crew Beats By The Pound and why left No Limit. Includes an update on upcoming projects

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.58148/t...did-without-us

The ABBOTT

Interesting to hear about beats by the pound. Once they left no limit. Things started to down hill fast for No limit records if I recall.
    Last edited by b-dolo; 09-29-2020 at 04:05 PM.