Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Method Man announces "Dirty P" album with Havoc from Mobb Deep

Havoc Rhythm Roulette back in 2016

I would have loved to get a chairmen of the board record to sample. I got some Chairmen of the Board 7" records that jam

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Havoc is solid. It's unlikely we'll get anything groundbreaking or experimental. It's mostly going to be short, repetitive, grimy loops. I can live with that right now. I've been listening to a lot of Mobb Deep's catalogue recently, so I'm ready for this (if it ever actually comes out...)

^^ I been listening to straight Mobb Deep for a few weeks now... been listening to the audiobook version of Prodigy's first book, so it got me in the Mobb Deep zone.

Hell On Earth is my go to Mobb Deep album, I rate that higher than The Infamous. Stone cold classic album. Not a bad track on it imo.

I can even get down with the Blood Money album. It gets a lot of hate for the G-Unit influence, but there's lots of heaters on there. Not the classic Mobb Deep sound, but bangers nonetheless.

Peace!

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

If it comes out grimey as fuck like Silent Partner, then I am all for it.

Peace CT

Yeah plus what’s the better option here? RZA hasn’t given Meth 12 tracks in 20 years. Never go wrong with Wu and Mobb even if it’s 20 years too late. Peace

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    If it comes out grimey as fuck like Silent Partner, then I am all for it.
    Great project. But entirely produced by Alchemist, of course.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

shit might be tight asf

Havoc Makes A Beat From Scratch At HNHH Studio

One thing I'll say about Meth, he's stayed sharp with his darts. I can tell he still spends a lot of time writing bars and lifting them. They punch. Dude stayed fit and sharp with his lyrics. Props to him for that - keeping his game sharp for 30+ years.

Also, Havoc was using an MPC 4000 for a while but this the second video I see him on the Maschine and using a computer to sequence and record. People spend mad doe trying to get old MPC 3000's, ASR-10's, etc but the vets, our favorite producers, moved on to newer technology. I'm still a hold-out. Like my old nostalgic gear and don't like using computer for anything other than final track down with a good audio interface.

Meth would sound good on this beat. Skip to 5:30 mark for the goodness.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 07-13-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah, most hip hop producers from back in the day seem to use Maschine now. When I ask a lot of them, they usually say I got rid of my old equipment, mpc, asr, sp1200, s950 and use strictly Maschine now. I think classic hip hop sounds better on old equipment from then.

If you ever worked on old MPC or ASR, you know that 90s sounds comes directly from these stuff. You can never duplicated by putting it thru digital EQ but maintaing old EQ like that dont make sense for a lot of producers. Do yall remember when 4th Disciple said that he used to have some old-ass keyboard RZA had bought and gave it to him back in 90s and he made a lot of beats on but when the chip or memory on it broke nobody would repair it no more.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)