Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ill3St b34t in th3 l4St 4 years????

Shaolin Master

Apocalypse, are you strange?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

People don't think this beat (and song) is one of the best things DJ Premier has done in years?
    This is classic Preemo for sure. To echo what Hal said I don't think Premier ever fell off in the slightest and he stuck to the same formula that made me love his work so long ago.

Regarding the original question...we've been blessed with so much great music the last few years that question is really hard for me to answer. I need to revisit some releases from the last few years and give it some thought before answering!

Edit: I'm posting 2 of my favorite beats starting with 2016...I know that's cheating but this was tough

Last edited by hiphopjunky; 07-18-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Dae Dae - "Wat U Mean (Aye, Aye, Aye)" [Official Video]

2020 so far
    "Eternal Warfare" - 90s OldSchool Type Beat | Underground Hip-Hop Boom Bap (Prod. by Brain Ghost)

the same sample was flipped for the Meth track below (we all know it obviously) but I prefer the sample use by producer Dave One on the Ill Bill solo track on the Non Phixion album, what with the addition of all the vocal snippets and (what I presume is) a slightly higher pace

original

RZA has sampled other parts of this track too (Wu Tang Clan's 'I Can't Go To Sleep' comes to mind)