Thread: Cell Phones

Default Cell Phones

I don't really like American cell phone technology.

For one thing, they all seem like little spy devices. I don't think I'm even being conspiratorial in not trusting if the mic or camera is listening or my GPS is being tracked or my emails are being scanned by a super computer or my web traffic history is being logged and used to build models and prototypes. I don't trust the damn things. Every app asks for access to things it shouldn't need access to. Google practically OWNS and controls everything that happens on the Android OS.

So I like the Motorola Moto Z's

For one thing, Motorola is just a good company. Smart. Innovative. Owns a lot of patents. Smart engineers. And it is a USA company. Gotta appreciate that.

Second of all, I liked the idea of modular moto mods.

I wanted a phone I can open and take apart without using a heat gun. Well, the moto z isn't it. The G's you could unscrew from the back and take apart and reassemble.

Now what I want and what I suggest Motorola do is take the modular concept to a further extent.

Make phones customizable like custom PC's. Standardize sizes and parts. Make it so you can take the phone apart without heat guns and adhesive.

I also don't like that the technology makes our phones obsolete in about 2 years, FORCING you to replace it because the greedy evil fuckers and Apple and Google stop providing you updates.

Make it so we can swap out batteries, ram, hard drives, cameras, LCD's, glass, micro sd cards, sim cards, and any part with easy and quickness. Let us install operating systems that are not the scumbag Apple or Google systems. It's a fucking duopoly.

The cell phone company that thinks of this and runs with it can revolutionize cell phones and change the entire fucking game.

What do you think?

Edward Snowden: How Your Cell Phone Spies on You

I distrust apple as much as I distrust google. Those two corporations have way too much power.

Back to my phone idea. Others thought of it way ahead of me.

Here's two cool concepts that were scrapped for some reason: https://dotlah.com/2019/05/24/future...odular-phones/

The phone goes together like a lego set and you can just switch out components like you were building a custom home PC.

It's called Project Ara

There was another modular phone I found that was only for sale in Europe and not in the USA yet. I'll post it when I remember the name of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    I also don't like that the technology makes our phones obsolete in about 2 years, FORCING you to replace it because the greedy evil fuckers and Apple and Google
    I agree....... the way they release new phones is unbelievable. I was looking to buy an IPhone X and the girl said they don’t sell them anymore and I was like it came out 2 yrs ago and she was like we sell I phone 11 now?

These thing cost cost an arm and a leg! I don’t know how they sleep at night?
    Last edited by zooruka; 08-21-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Well I want a Asus ZenFone 6 but it is a bit out of my price range.

What's with notches on phones these days? It's fucking ugly. I don't want a big notch on the side/top of a display. Who the fuck thought this way a good idea? I hate when companies sell shit and somehow market it to people as a "feature." Samsung even has a hole punch notch which is fucking ugly.

Hell, the notch on the moto Z4 is the primary fucking reason I won't stick to motorola Z line cuz I love the JBL speaker mod being a fan of music and the magnetic battery packs.

I ended up getting a Motorola Moto Z4 to replace my Moto Z1. I think the FPC connector was faulty, causing the touchscreen not to work. I could probably resolder a new one, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

To deal with the notch in the Z4, I plan on using the app Natcho Notch described by this guy:
    HIDE ANY NOTCH ON ANDROID - The Best Way

I'm still going to keep my eyes open for an Asus ZenFone 6 if I can get one for $300 or less. If I get one I'm going to take a shot at rooting it and running a de-googled custom ROM OS system void of all the google/cRapple spyware.