Thread: The GREATEST mixtape ever made

Default The GREATEST mixtape ever made

hit me with the best you got!

* best 'I can throw it on whenever and enjoy the shiiiit out of it' tape and my personal all around favorite

this dude's got classic mixtapes for days. Ain't no squares in the winner's circle!

* best classic mixtape

* best mixtape series (+ best cover art for volume 1)

* greatest mixtape run for one artist : 'send it to the Mixtape Weezy' ...

lil wayne circa 2004-2008 : Prefix series / Dedication series / Drought series

there was a time where ALL I would listen to were Weezy tapes. I must have over 70 of them (all of them burned copies), mixtape DJs were all over his shit too

* best mixtape DJ : Clueminatti!

* best mashup tape : okay, SO many great options here but Imma give it to two artists I dig a lot and who go well together conceptually

* best long running mixtape series : Gangsta Grizzillz

^^I just had to post a skit to remind myself how uptight Babygrande records is about YT. they even put their drops on a 25 sec DJ drop

but forrealz, here's just one random tape from the series ...

* best mixtape war: lil wayne versus 90% of the mixtape djs who kept on raping his catalog haha

I don't know just how much haterade you gotta drink to come up with that cover art but it's definitely 2020 wucorp gen chat worthy AND I'm digging it

* most overrated mixtape series (I got all of them burned though ) :

the early ones were solid but the series just ran on for way too long (25 tapes c'mon mayne) and some of the G Unit signees (is that a word?) were questionable

the best ones in the series were the one with Ma$e (the pastor came back!) and the ones with Mobb Deep imo

* most annoying mixtape dj drops : fuckin' J-Love's long ass drops narrowly win out from flex bombs on this one

looking back at my own list here I'm surprised to see just how much it is South oriented

okay so I ended up posting a lot of tapes on here but what I'm REALLY interested in are your choices

Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-21-2020 at 04:51 PM.

can I just post one more vid to illustrate some CLASSIC mixtape cover art by a great mixtape artist with a dope remake of a big song? that's like 3 wins in one vid ...

and I'm out