Thread: Raekwon "I Got Money" off FILA album steals an old beat?

Default Raekwon "I Got Money" off FILA album steals an old beat?

Recently I was listening to Rae's FILA album. I gotta admit it's kind of solid album and some of the tracks are fire. I really like the "I Got Money" with ASAP Rocky but I realized the beat was previously used in 2008 by Young Buck in his song... "I Got Money".

Raekwon's track
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB7Q75C7-0g

Young Buck's track
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN4v4IQGPtY

Did the producer make mistake and gave the same beat to both artists (it happens). It certainly not the same sample cause it's too similar so it must be the same beat.

Btw. It's possible that Young Buck also used someone else's beat but I know his. If yall know the original artist who spat on it hit me up
    Last edited by soob; 07-25-2020 at 01:17 AM.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

I've seen this kind of thing happen before with other pairs of artists and I've wondered about it. when I checked album credits it wasn't even always the same producer for both artists. Makes you wonder if :

* some artists agree w/ a producer that a beat can be reused to get a discount when they buy the beat

* some producers use the same beat twice without letting both artists know about it (wittingly or unwittingly)

* one producer passes off another producer's beat as his own and sells it on to another artist (remember the guy who claimed he had made 50 Cent's 'I get money' beat)

I wish I could come up with some examples of 'double beats' right now but it's been too long, I'd have to listen to a bunch of my albums again to be able to remember
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-25-2020 at 08:35 AM.

btw Young Buck does that beat justice too

Thanks man! that explains it a little

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

famously happened with jadakiss and ras kass where the alchemist sold them the same track and turned into a hit for jadakiss and ras kass album got shelved

Sometimes albums get shelved so producers reuse beats and give them to other artists. I mentioned one earlier this week... Bumpy Knuckles’ Crazy Like A Foxxx album, the original version was produced by Showbiz, Lord Finesse and Buckwild... one of the joints was the original ‘Sound of da Police’ beat. Album got shelved. Beat ended up making it’s way to KRS.

Sounds like a reworked version of the same song. That Rae LP was trash. Imagine having to borrow ideas from Young Buck.

That Meth and Lauryn Hill track ‘Lost in the Masquerade’ ended up being unreleased, so 4th Disciple reused the beat for one of his own projects, beat ended up being ‘The Fall’.

Shit happens all the time... Pete Rock said in an interview that he gave Rae the ‘Sonny’s Missing’ beat and Rae sat on it for a long time. PR didn’t think Rae was going to use it so he put it out on his New York’s Finest album.

Peace!

Peace CT

Agreed on Fila being trash. Young Bucks first album was dope. Same could be said for Banks. Peace

The worst version of this is when Ghost flat out stole Run from Cappadonna

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    That Meth and Lauryn Hill track ‘Lost in the Masquerade’ ended up being unreleased, so 4th Disciple reused the beat for one of his own projects, beat ended up being ‘The Fall’.

Shit happens all the time... Pete Rock said in an interview that he gave Rae the ‘Sonny’s Missing’ beat and Rae sat on it for a long time. PR didn’t think Rae was going to use it so he put it out on his New York’s Finest album.

Peace!
    i dont even think that meth travk is even real. Both verses are from freestyles theyve both used before and the and the quality may be shit to coverup the blend. That or they both spit freestyles iver a 4th beat circa 95-96 cuz thats when these verses are from. Idk if i believe that tbh.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Both versions of Run are dope

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Ras Kass admitted fault in that situation, he did have the beat first, Alchemist was supposed to be paid the second half for the beat, Priority kept dragging their feet and Alchemist got tired of waiting and told Ras Kass that he was going to start playing the beat for other artists and Ras Kass was okay with it. Then when Jadakiss and Styles hopped on it and blew up, Alchemist said Ras Kass started acting like they never discussed about the beat in advance. Then Ras Kass started accusing Alchemist of double dipping. Happens with verses also, like with Tru Life and Prodigy and D.M.X. and his former Blood Line records artist Loose who appeared on For My Dogs on It's Dark And Hell Is Hot. D.M.X. did a verse for Loose's mixtape album on the song What You Don't Expect and D.M.X. used the verse again for his second verse on Where The Hood At?, which led to Loose departing the label
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 07-26-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    i dont even think that meth travk is even real. Both verses are from freestyles theyve both used before and the and the quality may be shit to coverup the blend. That or they both spit freestyles iver a 4th beat circa 95-96 cuz thats when these verses are from. Idk if i believe that tbh.
    I think it was a real track rather than a blend. I heard that Lauryn asked Meth not to release it for some reason, so Meth respected her wishes and left it in the vault. I would find it odd for someone to make a blend with such a random 4th Disciple beat, and with such shitty quality. Again, the verses have been heard before, but were they also reused after this joint went unreleased?

Peace!

In reggae music it is common place for emcees to rap on each other's "riddims." You can find half a dozen mainstream or popular underground reggae artists all rockin the same riddims.

I think I generally like exclusivity and beats not being reused, or at least slightly remixed at least.

Emcees just putting out freestyles are gonna freestyle over anything and that's cool with me.