Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawn VS jungle garden

Default Lawn VS jungle garden

When I bought a house back in 2004 it had a nice little lawn in the back. Relatives convinced me to turn it into a REAL GARDEN with shrubbery and also bamboo 'to fill the garden nicely'

after the first year it was a persistent disaster lol. I had the bamboo dug out twice and put into underground plastic pots to attempt to stop it from spreading all through the garden. it was only a temporary help. I've been throwing boiling water etc on top of the bamboo close to the terrace. this morning I was pruning the shrubbery and bamboo as I'm apt to whenever I get particlarly angry with my JUNGLE GARDEN. typically the remains lie around in the garden for two months or more since I don't own a car

should have stuck with the lawn, right? btw I never use the garden, it's the animals' domain. Right now I just have a dog but I used to have rabbits etc in there as well

I have no idea why I'm posting this. Online therapy much?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-28-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Banned

Bamboo is for the jungle not a yard.

You can’t control it.

A nice lawn with some shrubs and maybe a flower bed or small vegetable garden.

A lot of suburu drivers want jungle gardens.

Last edited by Sense-A; 07-28-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Banned

I imagine everyone hoping that you don't get them in your family's Secret Santa gift swap

"oh great, another bargain bin coffee table book from Rob. awww Tobacco Pipe's of the Civil War. That will go great with none of the decorations of our house or anybody else's house"

Banned

Banned

I once bought a Hubble Book with space photos for one of those secret Santa exchanges at a Christmas party with friends.

It INFURIATED the person that got it. To this day, people still talk shit about it. They just say “Hubble” and the scandal is known.

I actually thought it was a more thoughtful gift than the bargain bin DVD bundle of National Lampoons Christmas Vacations, 48 Hours and Planes, Trains and Automobiles that I got. Which is still in its cellophane packaging a decade later.
    Last edited by Dooch; 07-29-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Hubblegate! Coffee table books are popular gifts with my friends. better trend than candles, which for some reason were a trend in duh nineties. Typical gift you got from women. for some reason they were given to men too. I got all kinds of candles in the closet ...

Banned

The exact moment in 2020 when Rob realized he's been buying shitty Christmas gifts for years.

^^^

hahahaha.....Classic!

Banned

Your family plays Cards Against Humanity on Thanksgiving???? C’mon son! There’s football on all day long. Whut part of the game is that? If you’re a man and you’re doing anything but eating, drinking and watching football on thanksgiving, well...

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
    Last edited by Sir Artsdradamus; 08-03-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the seer View Post
    "secret santa" is essentially a holiday game for boring corporate post-wall fat women office drones who want to infect or destroy any sort of familial bonding.
    lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I looked up that book on amazon 13 yrs later. Still $57.00

At this point, after 13 years, who are you trying to convince this was a good gift... us or yourself?

Even Dooch told you he still gets laughed at to this day for a similar gift. Eye-talians tell you to your face what’s wrong with you. You and your inbred Irish relatives hold that shit in and now you think you’re Santa Clause reincarnated. Meanwhile, your uncle/2nd cousin is making fun of you behind your back to your mom/sister.

If I want something I just buy it. It's rare these days that I get a gift that's thoughtful or useful. And even then, I'm spending the same money on other people so why even bother. I ask people outright what they want and buy it. We might as well just all keep our money and we'll be in the exact same position.

Christmas is horseshit, it's purely for the purpose of juicing the economy and keeping a bunch of useless companies in business.

And yes, picture books are wasteful. Let's chop down some more trees so my relative can look at this dumb glossy book once then leave it sitting on the shelf for the next 20 years.

Infact, I'm sure christmas alone accounts for a massive chunk of ecological damage done to the world. Everybody buys a ton of food that gets wasted, bunch of unwanted metal/plastic gifts that end up in a landfill, psychopaths leaving their christmas lights on for 3 months, waste of paper on cards, wrapping etc.

I'm disgusted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    If I want something I just buy it. It's rare these days that I get a gift that's thoughtful or useful. And even then, I'm spending the same money on other people so why even bother. I ask people outright what they want and buy it. We might as well just all keep our money and we'll be in the exact same position.

Christmas is horseshit, it's purely for the purpose of juicing the economy and keeping a bunch of useless companies in business.

And yes, picture books are wasteful. Let's chop down some more trees so my relative can look at this dumb glossy book once then leave it sitting on the shelf for the next 20 years.

Infact, I'm sure christmas alone accounts for a massive chunk of ecological damage done to the world. Everybody buys a ton of food that gets wasted, bunch of unwanted metal/plastic gifts that end up in a landfill, psychopaths leaving their christmas lights on for 3 months, waste of paper on cards, wrapping etc.

I'm disgusted.
    You’re the guy people stop inviting to things.

Banned

Art your' anger about a nice gardening hardcover book for a Christmas gift, coupled with a bottle of alcohol for a 50 - 70 yr old boomer relative is off the charts.
    I spent the last few Holidays buying things like classic wooden hand-made LL Bean cushioned winter pull-sleds or toddler sized soap box derby cars from Restoration Hardware, for my nieces and nephews. Stuff that can last.

you're right. my anger is misplaced. i can't believe i was stuck on your shitty coffee table book presents that i didn't even notice worse presents you give.

"Uncle Rob, can you get us an ipad?"

Rob: Fuck you. You're getting Rosebud and molested by an eagle scout. jesus christ, you suck at presents.