Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: +++ THE DAILY HIP HOP DISCUSSION thread

Arrow +++ THE DAILY HIP HOP DISCUSSION thread

I wanna see if this thread takes off somewhat. I'd say, just go with things happening in hip hop right now and comment on them. if this takes off I'll ask for it to be stickied

like albums you're hyped for, rappers being ign'ant or making moves you respect, hawt female rapper pics etc, social media fuckery, anything hip hop that comes to mind

it was actually today's news that got me the idea for this thread

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.57041/title.juicy-j-tries-to-reel-nas-into-verzuz-battle-twitter-has-something-to-say

how in the HELL does Juicy J think he can go up against Nas in a Verzuz battle lol?

I didn't even know he had sought out Dre before. it'd have been a more even match, and still

like some people have pointed out though, Juicy J does have hits. but what does that even mean when you put his hits up against Nas' whole catalog and his lyricism

Idk maybe J is just trying to get some traction going for himself, and why wouldn't he. I've got nothing against Three 6 Mafia and I've got a few of their album, but c'mon man

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Juicy J and Paul verzuz Dre would be dope. They could hold their own against him in a beat battle easily..

This is a good idea. I also think we should make a dedicated griselda thread, because otherwise I'll end up making about a hundred before the year ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    This is a good idea. I also think we should make a dedicated griselda thread, because otherwise I'll end up making about a hundred before the year ends.
    that's a great idea. Whichever one of us who comes across the first new Griselda project can start it. We can ask FoodForThought to have it stickied after a while.

@David Daniel Davis yeah it'd be close between Three 6 and Dre, especially seeing as Dre doesn't write his own stuff

on the subject of Dre ... Any thoughts on Wiz remaking Still Dre? the vid dropped last week

can't say I'm impressed personally. I don't think he did the Dre track justice.

^^Drums is wack

just saw this on dubcnn's front page today but it says on YT this already dropped way back in March (?), did yall know about this colabo?

dope idea. I like Capone's verse better. nice classic Westcoast beat imo too. yall dig this or not?

I did some more digging and it looks like they colaborated on another track in the same period

I also came across a June 17 report seemingly about a new vid being taped for a Daz, Kurupt, Nore and Capone track. the visuals are pretty poor but this guy's accent makes it alright haha

Malik B, former member of The Roots, has passed away

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.57064/t...lik-b-has-died

RIP

Always enjoyed dude heavily on those Roots albums. May he rest in peace.

Loon was released from prison earlier this week. He did 7 years out of his 14 year sentence

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.57072/t...early-a-decade

Snoop was willing to sign to No Limit for $1,500 wtf. lots of goodies on the circumstances surrounding Snoop's signing to NL in this article and vid

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.57086/t...eath-row-album

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Snoop was willing to sign to No Limit for $1,500 wtf.
    Hahahahahaha

What’s with everyone signing with No Limit records (Isn’t that Master P’s label)?. I was just reading how Busta Rhymes signed with them but then left due to creative differences (Which makes sense).

DEEPFAKE ALERT!!

new vid, track produced by Tommy Mas

used to watch these competitions on the Eurosport channel with my dad when I was a little wun. those and resselin', good memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Loon was released from prison earlier this week. He did 7 years out of his 14 year sentence

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.57072/t...early-a-decade
    The premise of nonviolence through celebrity signatures is what the Post indicates could have potentially convinced Donald Trump to allow medical conditions to be considered for the First Step Act’s compassionate release criteria. Adjacent reports specify Loon currently suffered from latent tuberculosis (while besting acute laryngopharyngitis, acute bronchitis and bronchopneumonia in the past), making him a high-risk subject for COVID-19.

Snoop Dogg, Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans and Stevie J, Damon Dash, Freeway, former Source magazine co-owner Benzino, Napoleon of 2Pac’s Outlawz collective, “Suga Suga” rapper Baby Bash, Steve Lobel and more all signed a letter asking for Loon’s release.
    So Snoop Doog and most of these rappers shill for the demoKKKrat party, make rap videos showing Trump being shot in the head, and yet Trump is still cool enough to read their letter and let Loon out of jail over a year early.

They'll still go vote for Joe Biden the segregationist Mr. Gun Bill himself, Mr. 3 strikes and give a black man a life sentence Joe Biden. It amazes me which is why I mention it.