Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: *//*//*//* GRISELDA thread *//*//*//*

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Rome Streetz album is solid. The best album to come out of the camp this year.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Rome Streetz album is solid. The best album to come out of the camp this year.
    Not sure about that but its very good.

Next month we should get Liz 2 and Michelle Records.

I think it is, most of the projects this year have been just "cool" compared to what they've been dropping before. It's like when Wu started dropping projects after the "Golden Era", the albums weren't bad just not the same quality as the "Golden Era" I think that's what we're seeing now. Those albums are good compared to other albums but not compared to their previous stuff. So far I's rank them like this:

Kiss the Ring
    Tana Talk 4
    GDMM
    Peace "Fly" God

I hope Michelle Records is the ONE this year, otherwise this was a mid year for them. Still waiting for the Stove God album.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

My second listen of Kiss the Ring was better than my first. I think there were some beats I was not really feeling the first time..but it may have been because I was listening while working. I still don't think it's one of his best releases, but it's a much better album than I thought initially

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

No question rome can rap. Some of the beats sounds the same though, dusty ass beats

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Official music video for Slap. Busta Rhymes, Conway The Machine and Big Daddy Kane. Produced by Marley Marl https://youtu.be/9NI5x-1NIQk

^ Thats dope, seems like Kane is sort of making a comeback recently. That reminds me, where the hell is Rakim?

Kiss The Ring, Armani's Liz 2 and Hitler 10 have been playing constantly over the last month. Its incredible how West is keeping the quality up.

Need that Stove album at some point.

Ehhhh "10" is ok. He's starting to do too much on the songs.

Nothing Epic about the album. The posse cut is definitely a 10 though. I guess Kanye made the spot hot so he just named it "10".

It could have been longer, thats my only complaint. At least theres Michelle Records and Stove albums coming.

^^^^^^Definitely waiting for those. Don't know what's taking so long for the Stove album.