Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *//*//*//* GRISELDA thread *//*//*//*

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Would have been nice if Shady Records actually promoted the album. I am certain they are not satisfied with the severe lack of marketing and promotion for this album and will leave once their contracts are expired. Anything that is not immediately Eminem related gets pushed to the side. What a shit house label. No wonder everybody bounced. Eminem needs to be more proactive, but he honestly could care less, he is going to see large checks regardless of what it sells. Fifty Cent is promoting Pop Smoke's album every chance he gets and Fifty Cent is not even popping anymore. I hear songs off of that album every five minutes. I wish Eminem had the push for projects he is executive producing like Fifty Cent.

Wwcd

See, that is exactly what I am taking about with the product. I am certain you are not the only person that would like a vinyl copy. They could do a few thousand units easily if they pressed some up. Just make them manufacture on demand so that they do not end up with a surplus of unsold product. Eminem's albums are always in stores and always on vinyl, the label should do the same for the other acts. I could have a legit c.d. copy of WWCD instead of the bootleg I copped on Ebay. I saw legit tour copies on Ebay, but they are rare and when they do pop up, they are $100, not interested in paying that much for a c.d.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Westside Gunn says he's retiring this year. His last project HWH8 will be released on Halloween and that's it. He wants to focus more on Executive Producing and His other business ventures such as art & wrestling.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Would have been nice if Shady Records actually promoted the album. I am certain they are not satisfied with the severe lack of marketing and promotion for this album and will leave once their contracts are expired. Anything that is not immediately Eminem related gets pushed to the side. What a shit house label. No wonder everybody bounced. Eminem needs to be more proactive, but he honestly could care less, he is going to see large checks regardless of what it sells. Fifty Cent is promoting Pop Smoke's album every chance he gets and Fifty Cent is not even popping anymore. I hear songs off of that album every five minutes. I wish Eminem had the push for projects he is executive producing like Fifty Cent.
    the TRUTH

what's the use of signing to a high profile (vanity) label if the promo and distribution aren't there. Em let the whole camp down

props to 50 for supporting upcoming artists ever since he got put on himself. he has a long tradition of co-signing new artists or actively helping them

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Westside Gunn says he's retiring this year. His last project HWH8 will be released on Halloween and that's it. He wants to focus more on Executive Producing and His other business ventures such as art & wrestling.
    That is good. Too much rappers just rap and then when the money runs out, they are back to regular jobs or the block. He has vision, so he will find something to make money off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    the TRUTH

what's the use of signing to a high profile (vanity) label if the promo and distribution aren't there. Em let the whole camp down

props to 50 for supporting upcoming artists ever since he got put on himself. he has a long tradition of co-signing new artists or actively helping them
    Yeah. Most of the first round of G Unit albums were produced by unknown producers. He gave shine to a lot of starving producers. Not many people would be the biggest artist in the world with access to top shelf producers and willingly choose up and comers. He will always have my respect for that.

Edit: The Armani Caesar tape leaked, so its off youtube now. Cool record though.

New Griselda mixtape. Mostly remixed freestyles, but it's a decent listen.