Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: *//*//*//* GRISELDA thread *//*//*//*

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    What r the essential releases to come out of this camp? I have the Conway 'goat' tape n it's good shit. I watched a bit of a funk flex video of Conway n that butcher dude n it was pretty dope. Would like to hear some of butcher's stuff. I dl'ed a westside gunn tape at some point too n from what I recall it was pretty good but I didn't like his voice or something.

What do I need to hear?
    Conway - Reject 2, From King to a God, Everybody is Food 2
    Westside Gunn - Flygod, Pray for Paris, Supreme Blientele, Hitler Wears Hermes 3
    Benny The Butcher - Tana Talk 3, Plugs I Met
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Thanks for the recommendations, lads. I'll def look into it.

Yep!

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.58171/t...e-the-sunshine

We might hear Busta Rhymes on a killer beat, and actually do some real SPITTING alongside Slick Rick and Westside Gunn. This might be the only wortwhile Busta track we'll hear this year.

Great list of features. Production will be top notch as usual.
    Retired.

Off 'Burden Of Proof', Benny's upcoming album.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    WSG LP is out.

Sounds incredible.
    EARGAsM!!!
    Retired.

Dl'ed a few of those tapes u cunts recommended, n listened several thymes. Really into the whole thing, right now. Enjoying them thoroughly. Listened to the WSG one I had too. His voice is actually kinda cool, but works much better in a group setting. Main thing is tho, I don't think he's nearly as good a wrapper as Conway n Benny. Still enjoy hearing him with the other guys tho.

Will def DL another round of records when I get a chance.

^ WSG is an aquired taste, I feel like all 3 are evenly matched as solo rappers but Butcher tends to have the killer closing verses on the group tracks. WSG is definitely a dope lyricist with his imagery and crime stories, a lot of that on the new album.

This might be my favorite track on the album, totally fucked up beat for a posse cut.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I was disappointed in this album kind of, after track 5 it average to me. Busta Rhymes sound like he has mucus all in his system during his verse.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.