Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite 80s Songs

1985 MoTown

DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night (Official Music Video)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ Spotted Hal at 1:07.
    Haha good catch.

I'm gonna be 100% honest : I always thought that song was sung by a woman. It's one of those tracks that were often on the radio but I just never caught the name of the artist. First time seeing the video now too, of course.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-23-2020 at 01:44 AM.

with that kind of voice I wish she'd scored more hits

this one sounds pretty 90s for an 80s (1988) song, actually

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Haha good catch.

I'm gonna be 100% honest : I always thought that song was sung by a woman. It's one of those tracks that were often on the radio but I just never caught the name of the artist. First time seeing the video now too, of course.
    Huh? She is a woman. Kind of goofy looking, big teeth but not really bad looking. I used to be obsessed with anything Chic produced for other artists, that was one of their best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Huh? She is a woman. Kind of goofy looking, big teeth but not really bad looking. I used to be obsessed with anything Chic produced for other artists, that was one of their best imo.
    I was referring to her voice only. The whole track gave me a Culture Club kind of vibe, both in production and Boy George like voice. This is why I assumed it was sung by a man. Her voice on this track also sounds deeper than on 'You're so vain' for example.

As to the way Carly Simon looks : good looking. She's aged well over the years too.

Chic produced 'Why'? They did a lot of amazing stuff over the years. Nile Rodgers is super talented.

Ah I see. Yeah you can hear Chic in the chords but it has that pop reggae flavor too.

^ Nice choice.

Was going to post 'World In My Eyes', I think it's their best song or one of, but I saw it was released in 1990.

breakin 2 electric boogaloo, mark scott i dont wanna come down

One of my favorite videos of all time because of the creativity.

A bunch of your videos are getting taken down. Or else it's because I'm behind a Cisco VPN right now.

I''m feelin the Thighs High track

I like the bass on The Style Council but can't get with the track as a whole.

Huey Lewis & The News - The Power Of Love (Official Video)

Huey Lewis actually has a very interesting life story if you ever take the time to learn about it. I think he's deaf now, which has to be horrible for a person who spent his career loving and making music.