Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite 80s Songs

The ABBOTT

Is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post

Is this it?
    It is!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN.

Watching the vid now I can see why it must have made such a vivid impression on me as a kid, what with the predators, the fences, the crowd, the lady in the cave and those scifi tubes.

The first 2 TFF albums are classic, beyond just a few big hits.

Hall & Oates though. I want to say they're underrated, but I guess people know how many hits they have.

nada ignorante

Good thread.... But yall cant fuck with this:

N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Good pick. I fuck with this.

"The Metro," also published as "Metro," is a 1981 song written by John Crawford for his band, Berlin.

The song was first released as a non-album single, "The Metro" b/w "Tell Me Why", on the MAO Music label in 1981. It reappeared, slightly remixed, on Berlin's breakthrough album Pleasure Victim, released on the independent label Enigma in 1982 and re-released on Geffen in 1983. In May 1983, "The Metro" was re-released as the third single from the album,[1] and the second to appear on the Geffen label. It was produced and engineered (as was most of the album) by the band's then-drummer and drum programmer, Daniel Van Patten.

The Berlin recording is known for epitomizing the new wave genre as a blending of punk rock and pop, with heavy use of the Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 synthesizer.[2] Terri Nunn said the song, which was a breakthrough hit for Berlin, "defined us and defined that period of music."[3]
    Damn. The Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 Synth is so badass.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/sci/p5.php
    One of the first fully programmable polyphonic analog synths, the Prophet 5 is the most classic synthesizer of the eighties! It is capable of a delightful analog sound unique to Sequential's Prophet series in which the P5 was King! Five voice polyphony - two oscillators per voice and a white noise generator. The analog filters, envelope and LFO all sound great and are extremely flexible. The P5 had patch memory storage as well, which scanned and memorized every knob setting for storing and recalling your sounds - a desperately needed feature at the time!

The P5 lacked MIDI (a feature that came later on the P5 spin-off, the Prophet 600). But it is still loved even today for its great string sounds, analog effects, and punchy analog basses. Unfortunately the P5 is not immune to the dark side of vintage synths - it has its fair share of analog synth problems such as unstable tuning, it's difficult to repair, lacks MIDI, etc.
    Berlin - Metro

Quote Originally Posted by kutman View Post
    c.l.a.s.s.i.c.

The ABBOTT

1988 Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Official Video)

No musical instruments. It's basically a beat box.