Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What streaming services are you paying for?

Default What streaming services are you paying for?

Which ones do you have? Do they combine well?

I'm looking to add one more package so I want to know what you're happy with?

We got Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, Disney+, YouTube Premium round here. The free (legal) streaming services they have in the US they don't have here. I can't use VPN on the job issued Chromebook.

I currently have the HBO and Showtime shows, along with some Universal and CBS-Viacom content and a shitload of local shows and movies in my package.

I'm not into woke shit or teenage shows.

I can get YouTube Premium and Netflix to play on my tv, the other ones would be on the Chromebook only.

HIT ME WITH YOUR WISDOM.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-07-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Shaolin Master

I've been watching some of the newer karate kid tv series on netflix.

Cobra Kai is on Netflix now? Already this thread is paying off.Thanks man, I thought it was on YT only.

{>____<}

Good, Hal.

I have Netflix 4K package, Hulu, Google Play, and Vudu. Most of my blue rays are on Google Play and Vudu. I still prefer blu rays over streaming.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

as I just posted in the What Have You Been Watching Lately thread here's a nice addition to free streaming options :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Americans etc. will need to use VPN to stream the content. there's a lot of very recent shows on iPlayer.

EDIT : I just gave it a try w/ a VPN extension for Chrome but it seems like iPlayer recognizes and blocks VPNs too. Maybe you guys can get more creative with it and still access this streaming service. Peace.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-09-2020 at 03:35 AM.

My girlfriend has netflix so I watch that sometimes, but usually old shows/films like I've been watching Star Trek, Peep Show, Python etc. Nerd shit I know, occasionally I'll watch one of their originals, they're hit and miss.

I know I should watch Stranger Things and all that stuff but eh. I seem to watch blurays and downloaded films more than streaming.

I would pay for the criterion service in a second but it's another VPN job outside of the US.

Paying for services is for suckers.

Hack a fire stick and you have all the movies and tv shows and sports you want on stream.

If you have some kind of moral problem with it then send Hollywood a check. I'm sure they'll enjoy using it to sexually exploit underage trafficked children.

Was not familiar with the Fire Stick device.

Sorry man.

Just get the amazon firestick old version or 4k version. Should be less than $100. So easy my toddler kids can use it. This guy on youtube has been giving updates for years and is on point.

You don't have to be Mr. Robot to hack it. Hacking it is really just downloading some appz. This guy takes you step by step. Easier than baking a cake.

https://electrical-md.com/

Depending on your country, you might want to use VPN. There's free VPN's or you can get a lifetime registration. I paid $50 for lifetime membership to windscribe which works great. Honestly, I wouldn't want to go back to not using VPN again. I have it on all my computers and on my cellphone. No more ISP's spying on my internet traffic. I can even torrent again.

A hacked firestick takes a giant shit on netdix.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 09-09-2020 at 05:14 PM.

^^ thanks for explaining

hal, you had never heard of a firestick before? did they come out with color tv sets there in moldavia yet where you live?

^^lol

Well after Sense-A mentioned the Fire Stick I looked it up. I think it didn't pop off in Belgium and Holland because you can't get Amazon Prime Video and some other services with it here (rights issues?) I see that in Germany it works fine w/ Prime Video etc. Of course I'm talking about the legal options here, not the hacks.

Tbh I don't see the logic behind Amazon's strategy w/ Fire Stick round here. You can get Amazon Music with it but not Amazon Prime Video? LOL who gives a fuck about Amazon Music. Strange.

I'll ask around with colleagues and friends but it'd surprise me if anyone has one.

Disney+ is being rolled out here today. Once Disney+ has established a solid base of subscribers Disney is expected to roll out Hulu (which it has owned since last year) sometime in 2021.

In an effort to counter Disney+'s arrival yesterday various local streaming services and tv stations merged their streaming content, after a publicity campaign that lasted for several months. The one subscription I have, got about 100 extra shows and movies yesterday and 11 brand new shows, some of them streaming exclusives, with more original content on the way later this year. More bang for my buck (about $15 a month, which is still more expensive than the international streaming services though)

The ABBOTT

Can you get Pluto Tv or Tubi tv where you stay? The content may not be as good as other streaming services. But all content is free with ads. My phone came preloaded with Pluto tv app. Its got movies,news, sports, sitcoms,etc. A little bit of everythang.

thanks b-dolo, I tried these last month but they are not available in Europe due to certain laws in the EU. this is also why, for instance, I cannot access streaming services from other countries within the EU. it also turns out all of these services are VPN proof (unless you go for the high end paying VPN services)