Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why was Cappa Shift Deleted from Iron Flag?

Default Why was Cappa Shift Deleted from Iron Flag?

So I know about Cappa being one of the first Photoshop models on the Iron Flag cover. But what I never heard about was why.

What the hell happened?

Which tracks was he supposed to be on? And what did they do with the void?

Since they did the cover shoot, it must've been late into development that he ended up on the cutting room floor.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

RZA and Cappa had a falling out over royalties Cappa felt he was owed. At least that is the official version. I don't know whether the rumor of Cappa being an FBI informant that floated around at about that time (?) were also a factor.

Maybe some of the slots meant for Cappa were taken by some of the guests that ended up on the album but that's just a wild guess on my part. I'm not even sure Capoa had recorded verses for Iron Flag. The album cover could have been made pretty early in the recording process, although I admit that seems unlikely.

Peace CT

Iron Flag’s only guests were Street, 12 O’clock and P Sunn though right. And u know the Chrome Wheels was definitely a RZA leftover or throwaway. I assume he didn’t even record or got cut. Fast forward to ABT though and dude is on most of the tracks. Peace

Right I forgot about Chrome Wheels being a leftover from before, you are totally right.

If I remember correctly you can still see Cappa's leg on the Iron Flag cover. Lol.

I don't know what the falling out was about, but there was definitely some shit went down with RZA/Cappa, possibly Divine too? Remember Cappa saying Divine and RZA ripped him off because he had some sort of bonus in his contract if he sold gold? Or shipped gold or some shit like that.

RZA was supposed to have a couple of beats on Cappa's Yin & Yang album around the same time as well, but they ended up being removed. They were on the advance promo version, but got removed from the retail.

Peace!

And yeah, I think Iron Flag was cobbled together from a few different sources... Chrome Wheels is definitely a Bob Digi leftover.

RZA said in an interview that Radioactive was done two years before Iron Flag and was originally meant for Masta Killa's album.

He also said the actual Iron Flag track was from an old Cappadonna reel, so Cappa was probably originally on that beat at the very least.

Peace!

Fun fact is that not only can you see Cappa's leg on the cover but you can hear his voice on the bonus track. In the track there is a part when U-God sings "Never leave home without it" etc. Actually it's not only U-God but Cappa in the backgroudn

and here's the original Iron Flag cover

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

They talked about this in the Doc. series
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    And yeah, I think Iron Flag was cobbled together from a few different sources... Chrome Wheels is definitely a Bob Digi leftover.

RZA said in an interview that Radioactive was done two years before Iron Flag and was originally meant for Masta Killa's album.

He also said the actual Iron Flag track was from an old Cappadonna reel, so Cappa was probably originally on that beat at the very least.

Peace!
    Sooooo fair to say that compiling OUATIS isn't so different from these last few Wu albums? One Blood was also for MK solo album btw. In The Hood as well.

"One Blood" sounds like it's from Masta Killa album Was "In the Hood" supposed to be on his debut or someone else?
    And I know it'll be bit off topic but why Masta's album was postponed so many time and was released in 2004?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Sooooo fair to say that compiling OUATIS isn't so different from these last few Wu albums? One Blood was also for MK solo album btw. In The Hood as well.
    Yes you can compare your album to Iron Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Fun fact is that not only can you see Cappa's leg on the cover but you can hear his voice on the bonus track. In the track there is a part when U-God sings "Never leave home without it" etc. Actually it's not only U-God but Cappa in the backgroudn

and here's the original Iron Flag cover

You mean this one

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Haha, fair enough. Iron Flag really was unbalanced though. It went from In The Hood to Chrome Wheels to Radioactive to One Of These Days.
    Last edited by Jet Set; 09-10-2020 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    If I remember correctly you can still see Cappa's leg on the Iron Flag cover. Lol.

I don't know what the falling out was about, but there was definitely some shit went down with RZA/Cappa, possibly Divine too? Remember Cappa saying Divine and RZA ripped him off because he had some sort of bonus in his contract if he sold gold? Or shipped gold or some shit like that.

RZA was supposed to have a couple of beats on Cappa's Yin & Yang album around the same time as well, but they ended up being removed. They were on the advance promo version, but got removed from the retail.

Peace!
    In the doc Cappa was indeed complaining about the bonus he would get when The Pillage sold x units. But Divine pointed out that he had x shipped, and not sold. Plus he claimed he already paid Cappa. Would something like this, from 99-99, boil over into 2001? Remember, Cap was present on The W a year earlier.

Couple months ago I sat down to listen to the The Yin & The Yang. Could not recall ever actually sitting down to listen to it. Have to say, did not miss out on anything. (Also was severely disappointed by The Pillage on a re-listen.) Might head to slsk to look for some Yin Yang Advance rip. Funny, didn't Cappa have a whole thing with beats again on The Struggle?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post

You mean this one

Haha, fair enough. Iron Flag really was unbalanced though. It went from In The Hood to Chrome Wheels to Radioactive to One Of These Days.
    Yeah, at 2:51 you can hear Cappa and U-God.

And it was unbalanced cause the album was relaesed to help Loud Records with their financial problems so it was done fast and probably some tracks were leftovers or unreleased tracks that weren't supposed to be on Wu album

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    And it was unbalanced cause the album was relaesed to help Loud Records with their financial problems so it was done fast and probably some tracks were leftovers or unreleased tracks that weren't supposed to be on Wu album
    Loud had financial problems? I remember that Steve fucked up with Xzibit. And The W was not exactly the success they hoped for, though Gravel Pit did good. MObb Deep was still on the label too right? And dead prez.