Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why was Cappa Shift Deleted from Iron Flag?

I heard about a long time ago but I don't know where. Maybe somewhere on the forum but it might've been an old interview. I heard that they pushed RZA and the Clan to release another LP

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I heard about a long time ago but I don't know where. Maybe somewhere on the forum but it might've been an old interview. I heard that they pushed RZA and the Clan to release another LP
    I can confirm. Loud were in financial trouble and the Wu were asked to push their album forward.

That is weird though. Their roster was pretty solid. And saying Napster did it would be a reach. Some severe mismanagement must have been going on.

By the way, I put on Iron Flag again yesterday. Is Chrome Wheels the only bobby digital track Rae ever appeared on? Because I recall Rae hating the character.

Plus I still wonder where Cappa had verses.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

I thought I read/heard back in the day that cappa's ousting was related to him ridiculously releasing a 'best of' compilation without conferring with rza first.

My recollection is also that 'the glock' was leftover from 'the w', n that's y cappa's on it. I didnt think he was ever a part of the album otherwise.

It's obviously a hastliy thrown together record, but I actually love iron flag.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

I always laugh at Cappa's line in Tar Pit from 8 Diagrams:

"...got our face on the front of CDs..."

...nope.

Gave my cd copy to my bro. Still have the vinyl copy.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    I always laugh at Cappa's line in Tar Pit from 8 Diagrams:

"...got our face on the front of CDs..."

...nope.
    lol

Anyway, saw this linked on Wikipedia:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20070314...e_voice_expose

Not now. As a result of the revelations from the Voice article, Caruso reportedly has been fired from his position as personal manager to Cappadonna, though a spokesperson for the band would only say "they are distancing themselves from Caruso." An official statement from the band is expected Friday.

Additionally, the band is also distancing themselves from Cappadonna, now claiming, as Raekwon said Wednesday night when he phoned into a show on New York station Hot 97, that Cappadonna was never in the band to begin with -- this, despite his appearance with Raekwon, along with Ghostface Killah and Inspectah Deck, onstage at RZA's show Sunday night at the House of Blues in Los Angeles.

{>____<}

I remember when The Source gave Iron Flag 3 1/2 mics. I was somewhat disappointed but understood why.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Shortly thereafter, The Source gave Lil’ Kim - The Naked Truth 5 mics and The Source forever lost any credibility with their mic rating system. They had been fairly reliable up to that point.

OMG, I remember that. That was a real WTF moment for 5 mics.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I still want to know who is directly responsible for Naked Truth getting five mics.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I thought I read/heard back in the day that cappa's ousting was related to him ridiculously releasing a 'best of' compilation without conferring with rza first.

My recollection is also that 'the glock' was leftover from 'the w', n that's y cappa's on it. I didnt think he was ever a part of the album otherwise.

It's obviously a hastliy thrown together record, but I actually love iron flag.
    You mean Cappadonna hits? That was put out by Epic/Sony, most likely with no input from Cappadonna

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I still want to know who is directly responsible for Naked Truth getting five mics.
    Word was the editor who wrote the 5 mic review was fucking Lil Kim at that time.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

From wiki:

Another absentee is Cappadonna who after being merely a very close affiliate of the group on Wu-Tang Forever, he appeared to have become absorbed into the group itself as a full member on The W (tracks with his contributions no longer being marked as "featuring Cappadonna"). In the year following the release of The W Cappadonna had become dissatisfied with being in the group (RZA has said he felt unhappy that people outside of the group did not respect him as much as the original nine members) and had also been in dispute with the group over the revelation that his manager Michael Caruso was a police informant.[1] Whatever the case, he only appears once on the album in a bridge for the hidden song, "The Glock". He appears on the original cover of the album but was air brushed out. The original cover appears on the back of the "Wu-Tang Manual" by RZA. This suggests that he might have been removed from the album in post production.

I also remember RZA saying something along the lines of the album was rushed out due to 9/11, kind of a 'the people needed this album' move.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    From wiki:

Another absentee is Cappadonna who after being merely a very close affiliate of the group on Wu-Tang Forever, he appeared to have become absorbed into the group itself as a full member on The W (tracks with his contributions no longer being marked as "featuring Cappadonna"). In the year following the release of The W Cappadonna had become dissatisfied with being in the group (RZA has said he felt unhappy that people outside of the group did not respect him as much as the original nine members) and had also been in dispute with the group over the revelation that his manager Michael Caruso was a police informant.[1] Whatever the case, he only appears once on the album in a bridge for the hidden song, "The Glock". He appears on the original cover of the album but was air brushed out. The original cover appears on the back of the "Wu-Tang Manual" by RZA. This suggests that he might have been removed from the album in post production.

I also remember RZA saying something along the lines of the album was rushed out due to 9/11, kind of a 'the people needed this album' move.
    I remember that