Thread: Dune (December 2020)

Default Dune (December 2020)

first trailer

trailer breakdown

Zendaya was really good in 'Euphoria' imo. It was the first time I saw her on screen. Timothée Chamalet did some slightly annoying over the top acting in 'Little Women' but I can see his way of acting working out in an SF product like 'Dune'.

I've read some books in the 'Dune' series. I never did see the original movie, though. Trailer (high grade fan remaster) below for the nostalgic.

Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-12-2020 at 04:41 AM.

hahaha the 1984 trailer makes a greater impression than the 2020 one. We'll see... I give it a shot when it comes out. I remember vaguely seeing the 84 version on tv many years ago & being sucked in.

Shaolin Master

Man hater Zendaya was a snoozefest in the spiderman movies. I'm not familiar with Timothy Chamalet?

Shaolin Master

Reminds me of a septum piercings. How did those ugly things ever become popular by the way? They look scary af.

Watched it.

Villeneuve did a good job. There's no info dump, the plot moves along naturally. My friend who hasn't read the novel said it was a tad bit confusing in the first 20 minutes or so. Honestly imo it could have been a clusterfuck with too much info or just scenes that don't seem to make sense.

But Villeneuve is very adept at focusing on the main plot line and saving a lot of 'build up info' and world building for part 2, probably introducing those elements when they become relevant to the plot.

Great landscapes, natural looking CGI, good acting.

I'd say the only downsides are the movie length (2 and a half hours roughly), the pace being slow in between the action scenes and the fact that while Zendaya is all over the trailer she is hardly in the movie.

I hope Villeneuve gets to make part 2.
    Retired.

^^Did you see it in the theatre?

Yes, I did.

We only have 2 cinemas left in town, sadly. The third one went down during COVID.

Both are showing 'Dune' but for this one I went with the multiplex cinema with the biggest screens. It pays off for the beautiful landscapes. I think there's added value in watching this one on a big screen.

BTW cinemas down here are attracting crazy amounts of people right now. Facemasks were abolished Friday, it was an absolute frenzy in the multiplex cinema on Saturday. We hadn't booked in advance and ended up having to go to the late night showing. 12 rooms, 12 movies, practically fully booked for the 8pm showing. And I should add that it was raining HARD outside. LOL there was an actual traffic jam in front of the multiplex. Never seen that before. Wow.
    Retired.

{>____<}

Good review, Hal. I saw this film in theaters, too. Good movie. There is a lot of info in the beginning of the film. I haven't read the books nor watch the past film so it was a lot to take in.

I will watch it again soon.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Taping has started for 'Dune: Part Two'. The movie will hit theaters fall or winter of 2023

Villeneuve is directing once again, as expected

new cast members include Christopher Walken (hell yess), Florence Pugh (I think she's a great actress and she looks cute word to CharlesJones) and Austin 'Elvis' Butler

they are/will be filming in Abu Dhabi, Jordan and other places
    Retired.