Thread: Sleep

Default Sleep

Tell me about your sleeping pattern.

How many hours of sleep do you need to feel fit? How many hours of sleep do you actually get? Do you catch up on sleep at the weekend? Are you a good sleeper?

When I started posting here I was on a long looong stretch of sleeplessness, which is also why I was posting so much (even much more than now, often over 50 posts a day). Only later on medical reasons were discovered for the sleeplessness.

I have since gotten much better at sleeping. But over the last 2 years or so I have found that I need even more sleep than before to feel as fit. I'm currently at the point where I feel fit when I get 10 to 11 hours of sleep. Luckily I can easily fit this into my work schedule by turning in early or sleeping in late, depending on the day.

How many hours of sleep are you getting?

Banned

I get a solid 8 1/2 hours every night. When I was single I’d sleep the whole night through all the time.

Now, she’s always waking up all the time and it wakes me up sometimes.

I’ve always been a good sleeper. My mom used to put a tissue by my face when I was sleeping as a baby to see if I was still breathing, I slept so soundly.

I have a friend who doesn’t sleep. I have no idea how he functions.

Although I can’t sleep soundly on a couch or chair, it has to be a bed, and it has to be dark.

The ABBOTT

I average six hours. I need it to be dark and need a box fan running for white noise. Also the colder the better. I need the thermostat to be turned down at night. I do feel tired more than i should, there are not enough hours in the day as they say

{>____<}

Five
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Five
    Do you feel fit during the day? I know it's possible for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Tell me about your sleeping pattern.

How many hours of sleep do you need to feel fit? How many hours of sleep do you actually get? Do you catch up on sleep at the weekend? Are you a good sleeper?

When I started posting here I was on a long looong stretch of sleeplessness, which is also why I was posting so much (even much more than now, often over 50 posts a day). Only later on medical reasons were discovered for the sleeplessness.

I have since gotten much better at sleeping. But over the last 2 years or so I have found that I need even more sleep than before to feel as fit. I'm currently at the point where I feel fit when I get 10 to 11 hours of sleep. Luckily I can easily fit this into my work schedule by turning in early or sleeping in late, depending on the day.

How many hours of sleep are you getting?
    Me too, more or less.

I like to get 8, but it's often more like 6-7 these days. When I was single n working casual 7.5-8 was common. But I'm a very light sleeper n sleeping with my gf most nights these days, I wake up a fair bit. Especially at her place where her son gets up for school at 6.

I usually feel fine n energized even after a shorter sleep, but somethymes it gets me. I'm doing landscape work these days, n every day is fucking brutal physical labor (which I like), so I really value a good sleep more than ever right these days.

As I get older, I feel like I need less sleep. For 7 years I worked two jobs. Day shifts and graveyard shifts. Double shifts. I know what it is like to go long durations without sleep. Before that, I used to leave the house at 4am to get to a job site by 6am and do that 6 days a week. It was good money though and helped me save up for college and my first house. Listened to lots of Wu-Tang albums during those commutes.

Getting the kids out of bed in the morning is like trying to wake the dead. The kids would sleep until noon if I let them. I have to walk in there like a drill sergeant with a whistle and bucket of cold water to get them out of bed and ready for school.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Do you feel fit during the day? I know it's possible for some people.
    I feel good. My daughter is 14 months old and my job schedule is a bit crazy now.. So you can imagine how hectic it is.

Congrats on the new baby, Ironman.

I know what it's like having a baby. Waking up every two hours, changing diapers, making bottles in the middle of the night.

I get a solid 11-12 hours in. Then when I wake up I have a nice two hour long breakfast. Followed by a quick 2 hour nap. Then I go to the gym and work out for 7 hours, come back and spend the rest of the day shitposting on Wucorp.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I feel good. My daughter is 14 months old and my job schedule is a bit crazy now.. So you can imagine how hectic it is.
    Yes congrats.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Congrats on the new baby, Ironman.

I know what it's like having a baby. Waking up every two hours, changing diapers, making bottles in the middle of the night.
    Thanks. She's a good baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Yes congrats.
    Thanks