Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handheld gaming systems

Default Handheld gaming systems

I'm just gonna try putting this thread here, since this forum doesn't really exist anymore.

I was thinking of getting a hand held gaming system. I know absolute fuck all about them. Like I don't even know the names of them. I want something that's a bit out of date, but not old enough for the games to be rare and/or expensive or anything. Basically just looking for the hand held equivalent of a ps3, in terms of current relevance and value.

Survival horror is my fave genre, so I'm looking for something with a good few titles in that genre.

Any tips?

Cheers

Default All that comes to mind is this

Just buy a Nintendo Switch or the lite version.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Just buy a Nintendo Switch or the lite version.
    The regular version is expensive atm cos Nintendo can't keep up with demand during the lockdown. The portable version which is less popular is still at it's regular price.

Why do you want an old console noel? I mean if you don't want something specific just download some games for your phone.

Having reread your post, maybe a PSP. You can probably find a lot of zombie type games for it on ebay for cheap.

my psvita is one of the best things i've ever invested in
    games, live tv, gps, satellite radio, insane graphics, internet, music storage, file storage etc

I did a bit of research at work yesterday, n the Vita looked like the go. Only thing was the horror survival titles I looked up on eBay were not at all cheap or easy to get. Not one of them.

I'll prob just leave it for now. Dunno when I'd use it anyway. Just thought it'd b cool to own. I'll keep an eye out in the local Facebook buy, swap, sell page. See if anyone lists a bundle for cheap. Someone did one like a week ago, it was under $100 and came with loads of games. That's what gave me the idea. Unfortunately it's sold now n I have no idea what system it was. I think prob one of the older Nintendo ones.

Cheers for the replies.

I got a PS Vita today. One of the ones with that hengaku shit, where u can DL n play any PSP n PS1 games for free. Has a bunch of vita games installed on it too. Fucked around with it at work tonight, n I'm pretty stoked with it.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I got a PS Vita today. One of the ones with that hengaku shit, where u can DL n play any PSP n PS1 games for free. Has a bunch of vita games installed on it too. Fucked around with it at work tonight, n I'm pretty stoked with it.
    nice! enjoy that ish, noel

I'm too old for video games and only play when my kids try to drag me in.

I do soduku puzzles or you can find me on a Chess phone app called Chess By Post username: sensea36 https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tFree&hl=en_US

challenge me to a match.

My old man used to do crossword puzzles but I never liked the trivial stuff

I swear soduko is too difficult for me, even the entry level. I tried doing a few last summer and they took me ages ... and I didn't even complete them! as far back as I remember I always had problems with maths. I'm officially a 'tard

I love crossword puzzles though.

at home video games were forbidden so I didn't grow up in that gaming culture. never took an interest as an adult either but I SALUTE all of you who have gotten so much joy out of video games over the years

{>____<}

I have had the PS Vita since 2012. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is my favorite game. I've been playing the game since 2009 on the PSP. 1,700 hours logged.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I just realized u can DL all the actual vita games for free on this thing too. Wasn't clear on that until now.

I'll have to check out that monster hunter joint.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I just realized u can DL all the actual vita games for free on this thing too. Wasn't clear on that until now.

I'll have to check out that monster hunter joint.
    It's a classic. Hard but classic. It's 11 years old, though.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I tried to download Monster Hunter 3 (portable) I think as a ROM file to play with my emulator. It was a Japanese version, but had an amazing intro, almost a movie. But it crashed after.

I'm gonna try Silent Hill origins. I wish openEmu supported Vita. Hopefully in a future release. It's nice downloading any game ROM for free and playing with a synced controller. So much money saved to test stuff out.
    I finally got origins for my ps2 for a decent price a while back, but it was shortly after I'd finally upgraded to ps3, n I was kinda hooked on the upgraded graphics n shit. I did try it tho, but I think I just got stuck straight away n gave up.

But yeah, was one of the first games I dl'ed on the vita. Maybe I'll try it again on that. Silent hill is just about my favourite series of games. I actually dl'ed the very first game in the series too, which I've never seen or played at all.

I was into gaming as a kid too, but thru my whole life I've thankfully always been much more drawn to physical outdoor activities. I wouldn't fucking dream of ever gaming or even turning my TV on during the day.