Thread: Mobb Deep vs. 2Pac... what if...?

Default Mobb Deep vs. 2Pac... what if...?

What if Pac had responded to Drop A Gem On 'Em...?

I think about this every now and then...

Drop A Gem On 'Em was released to radio stations on August 25th 1996, so roughly two weeks before Pac got shot on Sept 7th. I wonder if Pac got to hear the track? And if he planned another diss track in return, or even recorded one?

I wonder what Pac's retaliation would have been like. He's taken shots at Mobb Deep before obviously, but only little jabs really, calling them young kids and mentioning Prodigy's sickle cell. But Mobb Deep ripped Pac apart on Drop A Gem On 'Em... Pac would have had to come back harder!

When it comes to lyrics and MC ability, I take Mobb Deep (and specifically Prodigy) over Pac. I would have loved to see this battle develop more on wax though, unfortunately it was cut short.

Peace!

Pac would have gone HARD

I agree w/ you though, Drop A gem On Em was hard as nails and would have been difficult to top

Interesting thread topic!

Mobb Deep is better lyrically but when Pac speaks you know it's real !

The ABBOTT

At that point in time, what could have you really brought up to go at them? That they are short or you could say they studio gangsters. Even when they beefed with Jay-z a few years later, all he had was a photo of prodigy when he was a kid and wearing a dance gitup, can't say that really did much damage, especially retrospectively.

Yeah.... There’s not much to go at Mobb with (I’m sure there is but you would have to do some digging). Anyway 2pac’s beef was with Big not Mobb Deep, the Mobb Deep jab was just a bi product of the whole East/West beef. I think Nas joined in at one point (The Message) and Ice Cube went in for the West Coast as well (Bow Down album).

If you wanna hear Mobb Deep or Prodigy get dissed listen to Destroy and Rebuild by Nas, but you probably already know that?

nada ignorante

Pac did respond on the track When we ride on our enemies
    N.I.

When We Ride On Our Enemies was recorded in March 1996, well before Drop A Gem On ‘Em was released.

It didn’t leak until after Pac died though on one of those very early Makaveli bootlegs.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Pac did respond on the track When we ride on our enemies
    Good track.

I think C-Murder made a knock off track based on the bootleg, I'd have to check in my collection.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Good track.

I think C-Murder made a knock off track based on the bootleg, I'd have to check in my collection.
    Yes, the original version of the song was nice. Album version beat was wack
    N.I.