View Poll Results: When will the site finally die?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Next week

0 0%
  • Before the end of 2020

0 0%

1 12.50%

2 25.00%
  • Wu-Tang Forever

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Will WuCorp Last?

Default How Long Will WuCorp Last?

This was inspired by the 'wake' thread, which I thought was going to be about the death of the site. It should be obvious by now that the site will not be returning to it's former 'glory' anytime soon. Wu Chamber still gets a fair amount of action, as does Gen Chat, but the site is at it's lowest ebb.

If it isn't thoroughly depressing political threads, it's people discussing gardening and interior decoration like the bunch of irrelevant middle aged bores/boors we literally are. People used to be funny and put effort in, people like Bob and TSA would write hilarious rants, we'd have weirdoes telling strange stories which led to funny exchanges. The site is a snooze these days. I get it, we're all older and naturally more boring and jaded to different extents, and I should stop visiting the dumb site I feel like that, but how much time can the site possibly have?

Cilvaringz has said next time the site is down, it's down forever.

But how long do you predict?

Predict the right timeframe and win a keychain with your choice of pictures: Hal Incandenza cooking waffles, Skampoe posing topless on a beach, or Dooch's pristine front lawn.

2022, right after Juelz Santana finally flatlines

I already have the infamous Skamp n00dz (traded them for Blackula n00dz w/ rgu2002 - deal of the century) so I'll go w/ the lawn keychain, a gift befitting a man my age and girth

Also, I was thinking of starting a thread on KKKnitting.

I thought 2021, because it went offline near the top of the year, probably when the rent was due so it'll probably happen again with no intervention.

Ringz is too busy trying to get Sacha Baron Cohen to play him in Netflix movies.

I just have this odd feeling that the internet could fall apart but this site just continues on.

Wu tang Corp is like a zombie it’s hard to kill and feeds on the brains of Wu nerds.

I miss when the audio section was poppin' around 2008 or 2009. Lots of new music everyday whereas the mainstream hip hop scene was in a drought.

Things go in cycles. There's no way that sites like Reddit/Fakebook/Twitter/Instagram are going to last. Corporations are always censoring everyone in those internet ghettos.

1. You can get the Wayback Machine to archive pages at WuCorp https://archive.org/web/

2. Archive WuTangCorp at Archive.today or Archive.st

3. A program such as HTTrack or Teleport Pro or Wget lets you download and archive the entire website for offline viewing. When it goes down, you'll at least have hard copies of all the pages and can waste the rest of your lives reading nostalgic WuTangCorp commentary until demoKKKrat rolling blackouts occur and you get electricity curfews under the false guise of "climate change."

4. When DemoKKKrats lose another election, they will realize that censoring google, youtube, twitter, fakebook isn't enough. They'll move to increase censorship and try to tear down websites such as Wutangcorp for its dissenting political views in the general chat section. Rza and Ghost doing awkward interviews with MSNBC saying they are "with her" and Cappadonna making BLM Fuck The Police rap songs will be deemed insufficient groveling to the establishment. The Seer and Dooch will have men in black show up at their homes to confiscate their computers. I'll evade capture and retreat to my underground mountain bunker as a fugitive and have to live off the grid using my hillbilly blood survival skills.

5. Sean D, an expert and masterful programmer whose skills are so advanced that web page development is beneath him, has been working on TheDSC revival project for 4 years. The resurrection of www.TheDSC.com will be the return of the greatest Wu-Tang website to ever grace the interwebs.

6. Martin Shkreli will be pardoned by Trump after his re-election. Upon his release, he will approach Cilvaringz with an offer for WuTangCorp that Cilva cannot refuse. Martin Shkreli will take over WuTangCorp and make OUATIS public. It will be the greatest Wu Tang album since Wu-Tang Forever. Traffic will multiply 1000x and Shkreli will regain all his lost fortunes and dominate the internet for the rest of the century.
    Last edited by Sense-A; 09-19-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Banned

If it dies, it dies.

I never came here for Wu-Tang or hip hop except for maybe the first time I was looking for info on an album or something.

General Chat has transcended anything wu-tang has ever given me. I owned a handful or Ghostface and Raekwon cds and that’s it. And 36 chambers. I never wore “merch”, never went to a concert.

I spoke with Raekwon on the phone Briefly once because a friend of mine worked for an NYC record company and she knew I listened to his music. This was a decade or more ago.

I’ve never listened to anyone’s music on the Corp. I haven’t clicked on any forum other then gen chat for years now.

I come to gen chat now because it’s actually a pretty good place to get differing opinions from around the country and world.

I learn more from a Hal Incandenza post than I could from any multi-billionaire dollar news agency.

I’ve been fortunate enough to have seen a Skampoe.

I’m versed in Igbo and Fulani culture.

I’ve seen amateur Colombian nudes.

I’ve discussed various topics with people from Australia, Britain, Italy, South Africa and beyond.

I learned about Bollywood.

I’ve experienced the horror of an unsolicited “dick pic”.

What a journey
    Last edited by Dooch; 09-19-2020 at 09:22 AM.

^ I don't know, I don't think the posters in gen chat are much like a microcosm of the whole world. It seems like all of us are maniacs on the fringe of society in terms of our various worldviews. But actually yeah the active members probably do represent a particular demographic of society.

I think in it's heyday probably 10 years ago, there was quite a varied bunch of people visiting the site. I think you and probably Bob? are the only posters who aren't still big Wu fans though.

These guys still make good music Dooch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    I never came here for Wu-Tang
    I find that hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    I never wore “merch”, never went to a concert.

Yeah....... Me too. Where I live Wu Wear was worn by people who had no idea who Wu tang was or what they were about and was sold by Asians at market stalls (I’m sure they were cheap knock-off’s from China) lol. I also have never been to a Wu tang concert but it’s something I kinda regret.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ I don't know, I don't think the posters in gen chat are much like a microcosm of the whole world. It seems like all of us are maniacs on the fringe of society in terms of our various worldviews. But actually yeah the active members probably do represent a particular demographic of society.

I think in it's heyday probably 10 years ago, there was quite a varied bunch of people visiting the site. I think you and probably Bob? are the only posters who aren't still big Wu fans though.

These guys still make good music Dooch.
    I don’t follow any music anymore and really don’t listen to it much. I prefer peace and quiet if I’m in a car I’ll put on an oldie jazz station.

The last Wu album I got was Cuban linx 2.

Yeah it's def in zombie simpsons mode. Everyone is just posting a repeat of the same bs they've been saying for years. My bs is pointing this out for example. This is the only place I interact with whites so it'll be missed when it goes down. Lots of great memories, made good e-friends that i'd consider as valid as my irl friends.

I'm also not interest in music either. I'll check what Nas is dropping but that's the only artist I'm still interested in. Id rather listen to a podcast, video essay or audio book in my free time. Sometimes I'll get the urge to listen to music but it's becoming a once a month thing. I enjoy it but I don't seek it out. I also discovered Heltah Skeltah very late so I'm happy about that cause it feel new.

Did you like Nas' new album w/ Hit Boy, TSA? I thought it was solid, better than the one w/ Kanye.

Heltah Skeltah are dope. Their first is my fav.

Yeah it was great. The kanye one was trash, the kanye one was horrible. lost tapes II was pretty bad too, but they both had the weird effect of being likable for the first week then having 0 replay value and actually being bad. I think I just like Nas rapping and that blurs shit. But the new one is great. He should work with more 'new' producers. A lot of good rappers get stuck on their peers and their peers have already had their best ideas. Over time i only listen to Blue Benz, The Cure, the firm joint and Car 85 which is more than I ask for from albums now.

The first HS is insane. I'm glad I slept on them till now.

{>____<}

This board will be around for years to come. BTNHBoard.com is back up and running after a year hiatus. The thing is we're getting older and some of us are starting families. Wu Tang and BTNH are on the verge of retirement so us 90s kids won't have much to listen too.

It'll be sad if the board does shut down permanently.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty