Thread: Action Bronson - Golden Eye

Haha I'm digging the whole vibe.

When he says he's a character drawn by Stan Lee this guy came to mind right away

THE BLOB. he's actually the earliest villain I remember from Spiderman when I was just a little kid. He was a strongman in a circus. He got pissed off when the crowd jeered at him, dude LOST it. I vividly remember the showdown between him and Spidey. As a kid I was fascinated by the fact that everything you threw at the big fella got stuck in his belly. Including Spidey's foot. I imagine this being a recurring problem for Mr Bronson too.

^ Haha, looks like he slimmed down a little now though.

I never was a Bronson fan outside of a few random songs but this track put a smile on my face. I skimmed through the LP and it seems decent, will give it a full listen.

Shaolin Master

There's a show where he goes around and slobbers on pizza and smells up the food joints with his BO.

I was gonna make a thread about Action, but not sure if he warrants one, so I'll just say my piece here. First of all, let me say that this dude started out very well. He was funny, witty, sharp lyrics, nice old school production, charismatic. But then, after the Ghostface beef in 2015, he lost his mojo. That beef really took the wind out of his sails. He just hasn't been the same. His lyrics and production are now tired and uncreative. He's still kinda funny, but he's lost his "charm." He doesn't even seem interested in kicking it with Meyhem and Alchemist anymore (or his goofy cousin Big Body Bes). He's kind of a health guru now or something, all buffed up. And his music has REALLY fallen off. His last few albums are just.....there. Nothing special at all.

I know it sounds like I'm reaching to say the Ghostface beef was a huge part of why he fell off, but if you look at the timeline, it honestly fits

Also, I just remembered this article from 2012 Complex. This dude literally wrote an essay on why Action is his favorite rapper, above Biggie, Tupac, etc. I'm sure he regrets it now, but he seemed passionate about it at the time. Mind you, back in 2012, Action really was ROCKING it...before he fell off three years later....

https://www.complex.com/music/2012/1...er-of-all-time
    Last edited by Goldenchild; 09-07-2021 at 10:39 PM.

all of bronson's shit is usually good or decent and forgettable. This one is good. the dolphins speech and video are fucking next level

This came out in the summer of 2012 when Action was super hot. Alchemist and Harry Fraud usually gave him good beats. But now his beat selections, like his rhymes, are kinda tired. Hard to believe this was almost a decade ago. He was blowing up like crazy. It makes me sad thinking how obsolete he is now.