Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: News from around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Was the north or south hit harder during the first wave?
    The North was harder hit, but naturally since London is much larger the numbers during the peak in London where also very high. However what happened was the numbers in London dwindled and by July had gotten to a point where the government could reopen. So in July England came out of lockdown, thing was the virus was still spreading in the North. The government looked at data in London and quickly came out of lockdown before the North could even see the virus rate flatline. This has caused pretty much chaos in hospitals across the North and most are now overloaded with Covid patients.

That's why when the government asked Manchester to semi-lockdown the Mayor openly rebelled against the government. Demanding they give them adequate financial support. The government told him to fuck off and forced a semi-lockdown. This led to Northerners blaming the government of being London-centric, which they are. They are only going into lockdown now as numbers in London are rising.

Quote Originally Posted by EURO CUCK View Post
    Like Hanzo said, schools reopening. Also, by July a lot of borders had reopened. European tourists flew to other European countries. It helped spread COVID again. Tourists returning by mid to end August + schools reopening in September = the perfect storm
    We're on a second wave in Texas. When they reopened everyone eagerly ran to restaurants; myself included. I have to work from home and it's led to excessive restaurant patronage. Every time I went shit was damn near full lol. People have started taking it more seriously during the second wave, and schools are all virtual. Lots of naked deflated looking parents on camera and parent to teacher fights as a result.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    The North was harder hit, but naturally since London is much larger the numbers during the peak in London where also very high. However what happened was the numbers in London dwindled and by July had gotten to a point where the government could reopen. So in July England came out of lockdown, thing was the virus was still spreading in the North. The government looked at data in London and quickly came out of lockdown before the North could even see the virus rate flatline. This has caused pretty much chaos in hospitals across the North and most are now overloaded with Covid patients.

That's why when the government asked Manchester to semi-lockdown the Mayor openly rebelled against the government. Demanding they give them adequate financial support. The government told him to fuck off and forced a semi-lockdown. This led to Northerners blaming the government of being London-centric, which they are. They are only going into lockdown now as numbers in London are rising.
    Yea we’re seeing that somewhat here with the less dense states seeing higher numbers. I think I don’t know, everyone has different numbers. But states can mandate what happens individually, and in some states the governor leaves it up to local health departments.

I have a friend up in Manchester, he said it was pretty bad. Shutting down for a month he told me.

meanwhile in the Netherlands earlier today ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ing-into-water
    Retired.

I had a lung infection in July, spent 3 days in hospital without being diagnosed with Corona, and then I spent 10 days chilling at home. Two neg test I got, and I think that diagnose methods fail globally.

Aside from having mild lung problems, I swear a common flue from February was harder.

Yes, re-lockdowns are on their way. We have months and months till warm weather....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    I had a lung infection in July, spent 3 days in hospital without being diagnosed with Corona, and then I spent 10 days chilling at home. Two neg test I got, and I think that diagnose methods fail globally.

Aside from having mild lung problems, I swear a common flue from February was harder.

Yes, re-lockdowns are on their way. We have months and months till warm weather....
    Completely agree

Multiple assailants started six shootings in different parts of Vienna (Austria). One victim was killed. This is still unconfirmed but one of the shootings is said to have happened near a synagogue. One of the killers has been shot by the police, several officers were wounded. The police is out in large numbers to try and catch the perps.

At least 15 people were taken to hospital, 7 of them are severely injured. The police counterstrike is ongoing as I'm writing, a police spokeswoman says there could be more casualties.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-02-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Multiple assailants started six shootings in different parts of Vienna (Austria). One victim was killed. This is still unconfirmed but one of the shootings is said to have happened near a synagogue. One of the killers has been shot by the police, several officers were wounded. The police is out in large numbers to try and catch the perps.

At least 15 people were taken to hospital, 7 of them are severely injured. The police counterstrike is ongoing as I'm writing, a police spokeswoman says there could be more casualties.
    5 dead including one terrorist, who was wearing a fake explosive belt. the situation is contained by now. The terrorist who was shot had expressed sympathy for IS. Other shooters have been captured, more arrests might follow.
    Retired.

civil war is close in Ethiopia

https://www.voanews.com/africa/ethio...defiant-region

if an all out war starts it could mean the Tirgay region declares itself independent and it could also mean that the larger region is destabilized as Ethiopia normally provides troups against muslim extremists in Somalia and acts as a peace negotiator in Sudan. these activities could come to an end in case of an all out war in Ethiopia

the Tigray region has a lot of important politicians who were at the top of the political food chain until 2018 when PM Abiy took over. Tigray has a massive amount of guns etc left from the former war against Eritrea
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    civil war is close in Ethiopia

https://www.voanews.com/africa/ethio...defiant-region

if an all out war starts it could mean the Tirgay region declares itself independent and it could also mean that the larger region is destabilized as Ethiopia normally provides troups against muslim extremists in Somalia and acts as a peace negotiator in Sudan. these activities could come to an end in case of an all out war in Ethiopia

the Tigray region has a lot of important politicians who were at the top of the political food chain until 2018 when PM Abiy took over. Tigray has a massive amount of guns etc left from the former war against Eritrea
    The Biden administration is licking its lips. The military contracts are already written, just needs a signature.

the unrest in Europe over those cartoons is not quieting down any time soon. police in Belgium revealed today they arrested two terrorists over the weekend who had very advanced plans to attack a police precinct. they were probably inspired by a similar action that was carried out successfully two years ago in a town nearby (Liège) where they were going to strike. they were under 18 btw, extremely young

just to get the chronology clear, these two were arrested before the attack in Vienna (Austria) went down
    Retired.

The Azerbaijan-Armenia war is over, Armenia has surrendered. Azerbaijan took most of the enclave only leaving the capital and were only a few km's out. Russia basically told them to stop fighting now as Azerbaijan took all the territory which had a predominately Azeri population before the previous war in the 90's. A corridor between Karabagh's capital and Armenia will be created and also a corridor between Azerbaijan and the autonomous region of Naxcivan will be created, so the southern tip of Armenia which connects it to Iran will be Azerbaijani land now. Russian troops will be the peacekeeping force in these corridors.

Armenians are hella pissed and have raided the Presidential palace in Yerevan. So this deal could fall through from delusional Armenians in Paris and California who think they could beat the much better equipped Azeri army. Doubtful though as Daddy Putin has stepped in now. Game over.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    The Azerbaijan-Armenia war is over, Armenia has surrendered. Azerbaijan took most of the enclave only leaving the capital and were only a few km's out. Russia basically told them to stop fighting now as Azerbaijan took all the territory which had a predominately Azeri population before the previous war in the 90's. A corridor between Karabagh's capital and Armenia will be created and also a corridor between Azerbaijan and the autonomous region of Naxcivan will be created, so the southern tip of Armenia which connects it to Iran will be Azerbaijani land now. Russian troops will be the peacekeeping force in these corridors.

Armenians are hella pissed and have raided the Presidential palace in Yerevan. So this deal could fall through from delusional Armenians in Paris and California who think they could beat the much better equipped Azeri army. Doubtful though as Daddy Putin has stepped in now. Game over.
    What exactly were they fighting over again?

Purely territorial?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    What exactly were they fighting over again?

Purely territorial?
    Basically a territory known as Nagorno-Karabagh. Armenians say they have been their since the beginning of time so it's theirs, but old man Stalin had given the territory to Azerbaijan. In 94 backed by Russia the Armenians declared war and took the area. Since then nobody has recognised the government of the region, not even Armenia as countless UN resolutions have told Armenian troops to leave the area as at the end of the day it's Azerbaijani land.

This summer some choice words by the Armenian President pissed Azerbaijan off. All hope of a diplomatic solution was lost and after Armenia killed a Azeri General they decided to take the area back by force. You had an army armed by Israel and Turkey vs one which was using equipment from the 50's and 60's.