Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Fam - Black Castle Album (short snippet mixed by DJ Grazzhoppa)

Default Royal Fam - Black Castle Album (short snippet mixed by DJ Grazzhoppa)

"Sup y'all ?! We are proud to announce we got the legendary Royal Fam in the house... official Wu-Tang Fam! As most of you know they recorded "Black Castle" in 1995 and 1996, it was scheduled to be released twice and shelved as many times. B2DS is now proud to bring you the album in its original format, completely how it was meant to be issued including unreleased and unknown material! Straight up boom bap in its absolute purest and rawest form! DON'T SLEEP ON THIS MASTER PIECE!
    Album mastered by Duncan Stanbury (Analog mastering), who has worked with people like Jay Z, Kool & The Gang, Blue Note label records. Big UP Dé for your help too. Artwork/ Design lay-out by Oliver Prill for Prillustration.
    Release date early December 2020

Much Props to Real Estate Records, Timbo King & Y-Kim for the collaboration with Back2DaSource Records, its honor to have you in the house
    Pre order LP : https://back2dasourcerecords.bigcarte...
    Pre order CD : https://back2dasourcerecords.bigcarte...
    Pre order bundle CD + LP : https://back2dasourcerecords.bigcarte...
    Digitals tracks available here : www.timbokinglive.com
    Only 500 copies pressed !
    Other surprises coming soon
    Peace & Blessings
    One Love"

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Last edited by rzatrax; 10-01-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Is that Belgian DJ & producer DJ Grazzhoppa? I have several of his nineties releases. He is crazy on the ones and twos.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/47573-DJ-Grazzhoppa
    Retired.

That's the same guy. He works or owns the Heavy Jewelz Records that is specialized in selling and re-releasing old MCs/groups

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    That's the same guy. He works or owns the Heavy Jewelz Records that is specialized in selling and re-releasing old MCs/groups
    im grateful for these rereleases from the 90's era !!!!!!

Shaolin Master

Looking at the tracklist, it'll be nice to finally get this track in high quality:

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Is this for real? because I dropped those missing titles not too long ago after I had spoken with Y-Kim who had them on a computer he couldn't access. Now there's an album, and 'Since When' is missing. Who got more info on this?

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Is this for real? because I dropped those missing titles not too long ago after I had spoken with Y-Kim who had them on a computer he couldn't access. Now there's an album, and 'Since When' is missing. Who got more info on this?
    All the info so far is at the links in soob's original post. B2DS is doing physical preorders for December and apparently Timbo King is selling the digital release on his site available tomorrow?

Timbo posted it up on his twitter today, so seems legit.

I noticed no Since When, but I thought maybe w/ almost none of those clothing lines existing anymore, he decided to pull it. Then again, it's supposed to be "as originally intended" so it should be in there...

BTW, anyone ever mention to you how they ended up w/ Timbo recording 2 different songs over the "Hidden Chambers"/""Rules" beat?

Veteran Member

This is dope! There are a few tracks on there that have never been released TMK, so it will be nice to hear some "new" Royal Fam. I really miss Timbo King's aggressive flow. I'd rather have the og Hidden Chambers, but that was on their bootleg album, so whatever. I'll probably buy both the vinyl & CD honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    You dropped what files when?

Peace CT

Link work for anybody? CD fails for me. Peace

Shaolin Master

You can listen to/buy digitally every track from the whole album on Timbo's site now:

http://www.timbokinglive.com/mp3_roy...tle_album.html

Rule has a different beat & is a different recording but mostly the same lyrics as Rules 101 from the shelved Nature Sounds BC

No one can still spell Brigade.

Buddha Monk feature.

Feature listings on each track aren't complete and the "'Osirus" feature isn't Dirty if you're wondering (and obviously it's not that TI).

So no Hidden Chambers (or Hidden Chambers beat on Rule) or Since When. Anything else missing?

Also I recognized Off With Your Head has the verses he later spit on Destroy The Scenery off DJ Greyboy's album.
    Last edited by Buddah_MAC; 10-02-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    You can listen to/buy digitally every track from the whole album on Timbo's site now:

http://www.timbokinglive.com/mp3_roy...tle_album.html

Rule has a different beat & is a different recording but mostly the same lyrics as Rules 101 from the shelved Nature Sounds BC

No one can still spell Brigade.

Buddha Monk feature.

Feature listings on each track aren't complete and the "'Osirus" feature isn't Dirty if you're wondering (and obviously it's not that TI).

So no Hidden Chambers (or Hidden Chambers beat on Rule) or Since When. Anything else missing?

Also I recognized Off With Your Head has the verses he later spit on Destroy The Scenery off DJ Greyboy's album.

NEW WORLD ORDER and SINCE WHEN are missing. Good to hear the rest though.

This is what Y-Kim had told me a while back:

Royal Fam - Black Castle [Original Album]
    ------------------------------------------
    New World Order
    Off With Ya Head
    March Of The Hooded Soldiers feat. Benny Boom, Osirus, TKO
    Knights Of The Round Table feat. Buddha Monk & Bronze Villains
    Hard World
    Since When

Hidden Chambers
    I Declare War
    What You Think
    Black Castle
    Summinz Got To Give
    Army Brigade
    Once Upon A Crime
    All The Kings Men

Veteran Member

Timbo King said on Twitter that Since When was never intended to be on Black Castle. I'd love a good quality version of that track but a formal release with some unheard tracks is still amazing, and likely more than anyone thought would release

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Great news! Old aggressive Timbo is the best.

I'm glad Musical Chairs isn't on this new release. Always sounds out of place as an opener on the NS version of Black Castle