Thread: Royal Fam - Tomorrow , Today , Iz Yesterday - TyCobb Blends reimagined version [2020]

Default Royal Fam - Tomorrow , Today , Iz Yesterday - TyCobb Blends reimagined version [2020]

Ive always been a big fan of Royal Fam since i first found the 12 inch promo of Summin Gotz to Give in like 1996. While listening i became hooked to the productions raw , earie ,hardcore sound. I couldnt wait for the LP to drop. Well we all know that the album got shelved and never released. Timbo King and Royal Fam would be featured on various projects in 1997-98 also a promo single in 1999 and than in 2000 a oversees only album . I remember i was excited to get this album and i thought it was the unreleased album from 1995 finally being released. When i first heard it i knew something was off as most of the tracks sounded not mixed well. I was also surprised to see Dreddy Kruger on the album artwork. While being on covid lockdown i began to make my own mixes and blends and fan made albums. This has been on my mind for some time but since the announcement of the new original release of Black Castle i decided to finally make this reimagined mix of Yesterday , Today , Iz Tomorrow. Even though the audio could have been better i always felt this release sounded hard and i always play it LOUD when i listen in the car. This is my vision of how it should have been released as a true wutang records release with no Ykim production (dont think or feel he would have ever been under contract to wutang records) and some added tracks , diff mixes, and interludes. Its not perfect and its just an old loyal wutang fan having some fun. Hope you all enjoy. Peace.

Royal Fam - Tomorrow , Today , Iz Yesterday - TyCobb Blends reimagined version [2020]

All Y-Kim The Illfigure produced tracks have been removed .

ADDED :

one Introlude

two Interludes

Mic Ammo ( Original Version )

Fire ft. Makeeba Mooncycle ( originally released as a 12’’ promo )

Walk The Dogs ft. La The Darkman ( originally released on the Ghostdog Sdtrk. )

The Legacy ( video version )

Braveheart , United Kings , & Destroy the Scenerey ( taken from P-Jays Undapendent 12'' release )

Tracklist :

01 Timbo King explains Yesterday Today Iz Tomorrow introlude

02. Musical Chairs (feat. Stoneface, Prodigal Sunn and Hellrazah)

03. Medina 718

04. Y2K

05. Mic Ammo (original version)

06 ACID (feat. Mighty Jarrett solo)

07. Our Time (feat. Dark Denim and C.O.I.N.S)

08. Deal Niggas (feat. Stoneface, Timboking and Kaos the Seventh Sign)

09. Fire ( Feat. Makeba Mooncycle )

10. Family Jewels (feat. Prodigal Sunn)

11. Walk The Dogs ( feat. La the Darkman )

12. Timbo King on Capitol Records situation interlude

13. The Legacy ( Video Version )

14. Braveheart

15. Timbo King and Y-Kim the Illfigure about United Kingdom interlude

16. United Kings ( feat.Hell Razah,Dreddy Kruger, Armel, Prodigal Sunn )

17. Destroy The Scenery

http://www.mediafire.com/file/slyh3d...%255D.rar/file

Repped! The unauthorized overseas release could definitely do with some thoughtful tinkering. I'm excited to hear your version. I'm DLing it right now. Thanks!
    Retired.

Veteran Member

very dope, thank you. Will def check this out

So I listened to the way you put the album together and it sounds better than the 'official unofficial' release. Props!
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Repped! The unauthorized overseas release could definitely do with some thoughtful tinkering. I'm excited to hear your version. I'm DLing it right now. Thanks!
    Thanks @Hal ! I always felt it could use some tinkering too.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    very dope, thank you. Will def check this out
    you are welcome. i appreciate you checking it out. i got other projects i will be sharing in the near future. peace

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    So I listened to the way you put the album together and it sounds better than the 'official unofficial' release. Props!
    Dope thats whats up cool to hear you feel that way about it. i too think it flows better this way. although i did realize this morning that both track # 13 The Legacy and # 14 Braveheart Timbo spits the same lyrics. it doesnt bother me much but i guess if any wants they could change the order of songs to whatever they like. stay tuned for more personal projects . peace

I wasn't bothered by that, I'll keep the same track order you came up with
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    Ive always been a big fan of Royal Fam since i first found the 12 inch promo of Summin Gotz to Give in like 1996. While listening i became hooked to the productions raw , earie ,hardcore sound. I couldnt wait for the LP to drop. Well we all know that the album got shelved and never released. Timbo King and Royal Fam would be featured on various projects in 1997-98 also a promo single in 1999 and than in 2000 a oversees only album . I remember i was excited to get this album and i thought it was the unreleased album from 1995 finally being released. When i first heard it i knew something was off as most of the tracks sounded not mixed well. I was also surprised to see Dreddy Kruger on the album artwork. While being on covid lockdown i began to make my own mixes and blends and fan made albums. This has been on my mind for some time but since the announcement of the new original release of Black Castle i decided to finally make this reimagined mix of Yesterday , Today , Iz Tomorrow. Even though the audio could have been better i always felt this release sounded hard and i always play it LOUD when i listen in the car. This is my vision of how it should have been released as a true wutang records release with no Ykim production (dont think or feel he would have ever been under contract to wutang records) and some added tracks , diff mixes, and interludes. Its not perfect and its just an old loyal wutang fan having some fun. Hope you all enjoy. Peace.

Royal Fam - Tomorrow , Today , Iz Yesterday - TyCobb Blends reimagined version [2020]

All Y-Kim The Illfigure produced tracks have been removed .

ADDED :

one Introlude

two Interludes

Mic Ammo ( Original Version )

Fire ft. Makeeba Mooncycle ( originally released as a 12’’ promo )

Walk The Dogs ft. La The Darkman ( originally released on the Ghostdog Sdtrk. )

The Legacy ( video version )

Braveheart , United Kings , & Destroy the Scenerey ( taken from P-Jays Undapendent 12'' release )

Tracklist :

01 Timbo King explains Yesterday Today Iz Tomorrow introlude

02. Musical Chairs (feat. Stoneface, Prodigal Sunn and Hellrazah)

03. Medina 718

04. Y2K

05. Mic Ammo (original version)

06 ACID (feat. Mighty Jarrett solo)

07. Our Time (feat. Dark Denim and C.O.I.N.S)

08. Deal Niggas (feat. Stoneface, Timboking and Kaos the Seventh Sign)

09. Fire ( Feat. Makeba Mooncycle )

10. Family Jewels (feat. Prodigal Sunn)

11. Walk The Dogs ( feat. La the Darkman )

12. Timbo King on Capitol Records situation interlude

13. The Legacy ( Video Version )

14. Braveheart

15. Timbo King and Y-Kim the Illfigure about United Kingdom interlude

16. United Kings ( feat.Hell Razah,Dreddy Kruger, Armel, Prodigal Sunn )

17. Destroy The Scenery

http://www.mediafire.com/file/slyh3d...%255D.rar/file
    Wanted to come back and say thanks again...I'm listening to this and forgot how incredibly dope some of these songs were

Veteran Member

Y-Kim is amazing though and created that raw royal fam sound