once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61

Thread: Everybody needs good neighbors

  1. #31
    SOOTHSAYER The Seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Between two worlds
    Posts
    50,341
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Brock is probably a Costco prepper. He likely prepped before the Chinese flu took off, prepped extra hard after my Summer of Love 24/7 updates, and is now rock hard prepping for post-election WW3 chaos.

    He'd be a great neighbor and asset in a post-apocalyptic scenario. One moment you are drinking a beer on his back porch and discussing flanking strategies, 5 mins later he's showing you his collection of Chinese basement slaves he captured from Rutgers University for spying. 10 minutes later he rapes and waterboards one to demonstrate absolute dominance.15 mins later he's offering you 2 cans of Jalapeno Spam from the bunker pantry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Weak erections and watery nut.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Sense-A would have 50 trump flags and signs everywhere and heís definitely be drunk a lot working on stuff in his garage.

    Probably an old thunderbird in there.

    He would probably have his lawn cut regularly but I could see him having a messy yard.

    Roofing shingles in the back, siding brakes, ladders, a big area of dead grass where he splits wood and a firepit.

    Lawn chairs all over the place, small engines heís half worked on and left for another project because heís easily caught up in a wu Corp thread.
    Not bad. Close.

    I don't ever put up any political signs in my yard. It's asking for trouble and puts a target on my back.

    I do have three cars in my driveway and I do all my own maintenance. So yeah. Probably always one with a hood up.

    Extra Roofing shingles out back. Check.

    Ladders, extra fire wood. Check.

    Lawn chairs in the back by my charcoal grill. Check.

    Extra mower engine out back. Check.

    Half completed projects around the house, check.

    No fire pit though.

  3. #33
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    26,328
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Not bad. Close.

    I don't ever put up any political signs in my yard. It's asking for trouble and puts a target on my back.

    I do have three cars in my driveway and I do all my own maintenance. So yeah. Probably always one with a hood up.

    Extra Roofing shingles out back. Check.

    Ladders, extra fire wood. Check.

    Lawn chairs in the back by my charcoal grill. Check.

    Extra mower engine out back. Check.

    Half completed projects around the house, check.

    No fire pit though.
    Damn Iím good. Iíd take sense-A as a neighbor especially since he doesnít put political signs out.

    I could see Art having a BLM sign.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post

    Ironman would be that dude who still owns a 2001 grand am and washes it every other day, obsessively. I think heíd be working on his yard a lot, And coming over asking me which fertilizers to use.

    He would also edge his lawn with a manual edger once a month. Iíd try to convince him to use a weedwhacker.
    Lol. That car was spotless.

    In the Spring, I use a Sidewalk Scraper to edge my lawn and then I use a gas power weed whacker for the rest of the year. I don't own a professional one that cost (I have a cheap one but it gets the job done) so I ask to borrow yours.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

  5. #35
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    26,328
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Lol. That car was spotless.

    In the Spring, I use a Sidewalk Scraper to edge my lawn and then I use a gas power weed whacker for the rest of the year. I don't own a professional one that cost (I have a cheap one but it gets the job done) so I ask to borrow yours.
    I knew it lol. I could also see you and your woman having a garden in the backyard. Growing kale and heirloom tomatoes.

  6. #36
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    18,166
    Rep Power
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Damn Iím good. Iíd take sense-A as a neighbor especially since he doesnít put political signs out.

    I could see Art having a BLM sign.
    Gooch, youíre worse at stereotyping than you accuse T$A of being. Especially since IĎve already given you the answers in this thread. I said I would live next to you and T$A because you guys would have respect for your neighbors... that should have been a clue.

    I hate political yard signs of any kind. Like Sense-A says, donít make yourself a target, and also, they trash up your yard. I donít care who you are voting for, I donít want to see it. I am a liberal when it comes to the inside of your house. A man should be able to do anything or anyone he wants outside of his neighborsí view. Outside the house, I am for a dictatorship. You should be beaten and flogged if your yard is a mess.

    My next-door neighbor has one small Trump sign in the yard. But I can deal with it because his yard is so meticulously taken care of, he makes Doucheís yard look like Sensative-Aís used car lot yard. This guy even has an older car that he is restoring, but itís in his garage and he only brings it out on the weekends when heís working on it. Total class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Standing with the Wu-Tang Clan Calender Man
    Posts
    19,339
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I can see Brock having a drive in porn cinema for the locals in his garage. The fumes downgrade the neighborhood to an even bigger bunch of 'tards.

    I'm gonna have to stick with Art. Removing my Vote Palin sign right now. You drink Coors or Bud?

  8. #38
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    26,328
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    Gooch, youíre worse at stereotyping than you accuse T$A of being. Especially since IĎve already given you the answers in this thread. I said I would live next to you and T$A because you guys would have respect for your neighbors... that should have been a clue.

    I hate political yard signs of any kind. Like Sense-A says, donít make yourself a target, and also, they trash up your yard. I donít care who you are voting for, I donít want to see it. I am a liberal when it comes to the inside of your house. A man should be able to do anything or anyone he wants outside of his neighborsí view. Outside the house, I am for a dictatorship. You should be beaten and flogged if your yard is a mess.

    My next-door neighbor has one small Trump sign in the yard. But I can deal with it because his yard is so meticulously taken care of, he makes Doucheís yard look like Sensative-Aís used car lot yard. This guy even has an older car that he is restoring, but itís in his garage and he only brings it out on the weekends when heís working on it. Total class.
    Ok take it easy. Itís a joke.

    Remember I chose you, babe.

  9. #39

    Default

    You guys remind me why I don't want any neighbors.

    You prudes are probably the presidents of your local Home Owners Associations. Write me a citation for not edging my sidewalk, prick.

  10. #40
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    26,328
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    You guys remind me why I don't want any neighbors.

    You prudes are probably the presidents of your local Home Owners Associations. Write me a citation for not edging my sidewalk, prick.
    Yea I can tell you definitely donít edge weekly. Most people donít itís not a major deal.

    The only thing Iíd push on my neighbors is MILORGANITE when an opportunity presents itself.

    Itís a simple applications and you donít have to worry about watering in. Itís all organic and no chemical burn.

    My neighbor across the street occasionally asks me to put a nice edge on the yard. Sheís got one of this manual edgers. She had some grubs so I put down the grub killer for her. I had some leftover that I didnít need.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Yea I can tell you definitely don’t edge weekly. Most people don’t it’s not a major deal.

    The only thing I’d push on my neighbors is MILORGANITE when an opportunity presents itself.

    It’s a simple applications and you don’t have to worry about watering in. It’s all organic and no chemical burn.

    My neighbor across the street occasionally asks me to put a nice edge on the yard. She’s got one of this manual edgers. She had some grubs so I put down the grub killer for her. I had some leftover that I didn’t need.
    Why would I want something that makes grass grow faster?

    My lawn problems are things other than grass taking over. I'll take a picture later and post it. You'll probably be able to identify it. I also need you to help me with some kind of fungus killing one of my crabapple trees.

    I bought my current house moreso as an investment. It's probably doubled in value since i bought it in 2007. My goal is to sell it for $400k to $500k within the next 5 years and move a bit more inland. I don't like being this close to the coast.

  12. #42
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    26,328
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    Why would I want something that makes grass grow faster?

    My lawn problems are things other than grass taking over. I'll take a picture later and post it. You'll probably be able to identify it. I also need you to help me with some kind of fungus killing one of my crabapple trees.

    I bought my current house moreso as an investment. It's probably doubled in value since i bought it in 2007. My goal is to sell it for $400k to $500k within the next 5 years and move a bit more inland. I don't like being this close to the coast.
    Housing Market is high right now. I feel bad for people getting into their ďstarterĒ home right now. Be lucky to break even when they want to move on.

  13. #43
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    18,166
    Rep Power
    109

    Default

    Yeah the housing market is crazy. Houses are going the same day they’re being put on the market for more than asking price. It’s a perfect time to get your house reappraised and get a home equity loan. Or just refinance altogether. Interest rates are so low, people are dropping years off their payments by refinancing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

  14. #44
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    26,328
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    Yeah the housing market is crazy. Houses are going the same day they’re being put on the market for more than asking price. It’s a perfect time to get your house reappraised and get a home equity loan. Or just refinance altogether. Interest rates are so low, people are dropping years off their payments by refinancing right now.
    My rate is 3.5% I think you can refinance as low as 2.8 right now. I need to look into that.

  15. #45
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    18,166
    Rep Power
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    My rate is 3.5% I think you can refinance as low as 2.8 right now. I need to look into that.
    We got under 2.7 a few months ago. Not sure where rates are at now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •