Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RZA "The Cure" is coming!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    Wasn’t A Day to God... from BOAP a track meant for The Cure?

no it wasn’t. But the last 4 tracks of Bobby in stereo were meant for the cure. It was written on the booklet : http://www.noelshack.com/2020-46-1-1...78b664553.jpeg

Peace CT

Doesn’t say that at all, just says 4 RZA tracks. Peace

true. but it would be down w/ The Cure sounding like those cuts

^^infinite eargasm/mindgasm

peace
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Doesn’t say that at all, just says 4 RZA tracks. Peace
    it says that in the booklet. I don’t have my copy anymore but îm sure someone here can put a picture of the booklet with the 4 tracks from the cure. There was an advertising about the cure in the booklet too.

Peace CT

U posted the pic from booklet no? I have cd still. That’s the back. Nothing inside. Cassette I had back then but not sure where that is these days. Don’t recall if it was anything different. Like I said and u posted technically it just says RZA tracks not Cure tracks. Guess it doesn’t really matter. Peace

Shaolin Master

The last four are only labeled as '4 bonus RZA tracks,' and the BDIS album proper ends w/ Domestic Violence. There are ads for BDIS instrumentals & RZA's The Cure coming soon (along w/ Meth's album) but nothing suggesting the bonus RZA tracks were intended for The Cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    99 Attributes To Allah was a track from The Cure. There were two other songs I forgot the titles of. Something with 'Sun...' Not Sunshower but something like that. Sunshower was a Cure track by the way, and it's these type of beats that were being made for The Cure. Bit more digital, but still with the crispy drums and RZA shifting between '97 RZArecta and Bobby Steels.

If RZA ever drops The Cure, it be those lyrics but not hopeful for him or his beats to sound like what a Cure from the 90s would've sounded like.
    Sunshine/You Are My Sunshine. I always wondered if he reworked any of those lyrics into Sunlight off 8D...here's specific songs RZA & Cilva mentioned from The Cure:

"I have my daughter singing on the first single, `You Are My Sunshine’ -it’s about me being a young black man in America, trying to make a change for himself and his community. Usually when a black man is in that position, throughout the course of history he has always been assassinated or persecuted. In this she’s singing, `Don’t take my father away, don’t take any of our great men representing the cause of equality away.’ I really go into the essence of what a lot of the enlightened men - like Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, J.F.K. - talk about. I have some fun stuff on there, though, like `Pugilism.’ It’s about martial arts -like a razor blade to your ear.” - RZA

"I have a song called 'The 99 Attributes Of Allah'. That song could make you cry. I've got a song called 'Pugilism', which goes into different forms of Chi Kung. It's a fantasy world but it gives you some of the potential power of it"- RZA

RZA, whose original soundtrack album 'RZA as Bobby Digital In Stereo' is released on Monday, has told NME that his next album proper - entitled 'The Cure' and scheduled for release on Gee Street next year - will be "a beautiful album, a grown man piece of work". Tracks like 'Flowing Down The River Of Life' show the elevated ghetto teacher in RZA, though this higher plane couldn't be accessed until he'd exorcised his sexist superhero side through Bobby Digital's anti-PC battle grooves and Prince-oid sexy grinds.

"The Cure has some of the deepest lyrics I ever heard in life. Some tracks include: "Mozes", "Knowledge Wisdom Understanding", "99 Attributes Of Allah" and one about RZA being a sperm cell going through violent battles to fertilize the egg."- Cilvaringz

That last bit is obviously See The Joy which RZA had lyrically on deck even pre-Wu but I don't think he made it into a full song until BOAP sessions (Cilva could confirm).

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post

The last four are only labeled as '4 bonus RZA tracks,' and the BDIS album proper ends w/ Domestic Violence. There are ads for BDIS instrumentals & RZA's The Cure coming soon (along w/ Meth's album) but nothing suggesting the bonus RZA tracks were intended for The Cure.

Sunshine/You Are My Sunshine. I always wondered if he reworked any of those lyrics into Sunlight off 8D...here's specific songs RZA & Cilva mentioned from The Cure:

"I have my daughter singing on the first single, `You Are My Sunshine’ -it’s about me being a young black man in America, trying to make a change for himself and his community. Usually when a black man is in that position, throughout the course of history he has always been assassinated or persecuted. In this she’s singing, `Don’t take my father away, don’t take any of our great men representing the cause of equality away.’ I really go into the essence of what a lot of the enlightened men - like Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, J.F.K. - talk about. I have some fun stuff on there, though, like `Pugilism.’ It’s about martial arts -like a razor blade to your ear.” - RZA

"I have a song called 'The 99 Attributes Of Allah'. That song could make you cry. I've got a song called 'Pugilism', which goes into different forms of Chi Kung. It's a fantasy world but it gives you some of the potential power of it"- RZA

RZA, whose original soundtrack album 'RZA as Bobby Digital In Stereo' is released on Monday, has told NME that his next album proper - entitled 'The Cure' and scheduled for release on Gee Street next year - will be "a beautiful album, a grown man piece of work". Tracks like 'Flowing Down The River Of Life' show the elevated ghetto teacher in RZA, though this higher plane couldn't be accessed until he'd exorcised his sexist superhero side through Bobby Digital's anti-PC battle grooves and Prince-oid sexy grinds.

"The Cure has some of the deepest lyrics I ever heard in life. Some tracks include: "Mozes", "Knowledge Wisdom Understanding", "99 Attributes Of Allah" and one about RZA being a sperm cell going through violent battles to fertilize the egg."- Cilvaringz

That last bit is obviously See The Joy which RZA had lyrically on deck even pre-Wu but I don't think he made it into a full song until BOAP sessions (Cilva could confirm).
    Inside the booklet. Not the back cover. Maybe it was just in the european version. But im 100% sure that it was labelled as cure tracks from the Rza.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    Inside the booklet. Not the back cover. Maybe it was just in the european version. But im 100% sure that it was labelled as cure tracks from the Rza.
    US booklet says nothing of the sort.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Bang. You can always count on Buddah Mac to come through.

So:

99 Attributes To Allah
    Pugilism
    Sunshine
    Moses
    Knowlegde Wisdom Understanding
    Flowing Down The River Of Life

See The Joy was meant to be the intro to The Cure, but at the end of BOAP. The album would finish with the actual birth of the Prince. Prince Rakeem... and then The Cure would be next.

Shaolin Master

Not a decade goes by, without RZA cock-teasing us about The Cure.
    Gotta love Wu; their "if only" discography is possibly more impressive and extensive than their actual work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Bang. You can always count on Buddah Mac to come through.
    See The Joy was meant to be the intro to The Cure, but at the end of BOAP. The album would finish with the actual birth of the Prince. Prince Rakeem... and then The Cure would be next.
    interesting info, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz
    You can always count on Buddah Mac to come through.
    true, thanks Buddah_MAC
    Retired.

I recall there was also talks of a track called Alphabet Soup meant for The Cure.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    I recall there was also talks of a track called Alphabet Soup meant for The Cure.
    Thought that was a Bob Digi leftover...

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar