Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Vampire Dynasty - 2 (Instrumental LP)

Default The Vampire Dynasty - 2 (Instrumental LP)

https://thevampiredynasty.bandcamp.com/album/2

Kind of a random assortment of goodies. Any thoughts welcome.

thanks for this.

peeping

yooo why dont u release this on spotify?
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
    yooo why dont u release this on spotify?

Thanks for checking. Yeah I'm going to get that all set up this month or next.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    https://thevampiredynasty.bandcamp.com/album/2

Kind of a random assortment of goodies. Any thoughts welcome.
    we're being spoiled here in Audio Booth. this beat is just as fine as the one Kanha posted in his thread.

elegant beat, would work very well in a movie scene too. I'm thinking a James Bond love scene

the commercial at the beginning is mad entertaining too ha!
    Retired.

Nice yo - Saint Thomas is smooth

^ Thanks.

Haha Hal, I'm sure James Bond must have had a scene in the virgin islands over the years too but no idea in what film.

Video is tough fits prefect with the sound makes me want to learn editing.

2 got some real creative choices for samples. Fresh, I like Reminisce, Sugar and Spice. As I go through it some come off as experimental, but all easy to listen to. Fauxtown is a banger feels a little like Pete Rock. A lot of uplifting vibes.

taking the time right now to listen to the WHOLE project ...

1 INTRO - good way to get things going, dude says some meaningful things ... who's that talking? if it's a secret it should remain one though - mystery in music is important too

2 The Diamond - I'm just LOVING this one. really really top level beat. man people posting on here are so gifted it's not even fair anymore haha. great track. to be specific, I love how you weave different layers and just put them on top of each other and make them work as a cohesive whole - and then the end result is this elegant beat

3 Imperial - the title sure fits the bill. getting a Moongod Allah vibe off this one and I mean that as a big compliment. on some Ten Tigers of Kwantung level. this beat just makes me thing of martial arts movies, buddhism and the jungle. just summing up the images that come to mind

4 Reminisce/1992- that RnB vibe! shows your versatility. I love me some music from back in the day. this track is actually ready to go for any recording artist from those days. they can jump right in - the beat is the perfect package. Shanice where you at girl?

5 Have A Blast - hilarious intro dialogue lol. is that from some slacker movie? haha. I like this upbeat beat, brings a smile to my face. great drums too and very good pacing

6 Saint Thomas - reviewed earlier on in the thread but OF COURSE I LISTENED AGAIN still loving this one

7 Sugar & Spice - great work on the sound effects (IDK how to describe what's happening, I don't produce) with the sounds fading in and out, works really well. nice female vocal sample and I love the overall beat

8 Calm - that guy in the beginning gave me the CREEPS. Mr Calm sounds like he's about ready for a school shooting. nice spacey beat with a twist. very modern sounding but NOT cliché in the least. nice addition of percussion too

9 Fauxtown - oooh that SOUL! this one is just YUMMY. I like how the beat blossoms as it evolves

10 Tension - nice bass lines. female vocals go along well with the beat. another throwback to the nineties - early two thousands for me. I was thinking Zhané. another good example of how you make the beat go in different directions as it goes along. I could also see Missy Elliott rapping over this one

11 Broken - shows you can 'work' a line well too ('we have both been broken') without making it sound monotonous at all. I love the additional instrumentation later on in the track

glad I finally got around to listening to the whole LP. You, Sir, get an A+ from me. that's right I'm grading now after work hours too FML hahaha

^ Thanks for the in depth review! I'd be interested to see who recognizes the dialogue samples on a few tracks.

The intro talk is David Bowie. He always said interesting shit in interviews.

The ABBOTT

Everybody likes Leslie Nielsen.
    That is awesome.

Everybody likes Leslie Nielsen.
    Yesssss.

Also, this makes me want to see Frank Drebin/Old dirty abbott posting again. NZ stand up.

And ... I could listen to this beat ALL DAY.
    Retired.