Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Knights of the Northstar - Northstar of the blackest knights dec 25th 2020

Veteran Member

This could be really good if done right. The description makes it seem like this is all new work...but IIRC, Diary of a Madman pt 2 is one of the tracks from "the original holocaust articles" (with unreleased holocaust mixed forest zone style rhymes) snippet, and if it's the same, this would be amazing. And hopefully that killa beez track with rza is the one of the other unreleased tracks from that snippet (the full track was released on a DJ Swarm CD and the track was called "untitled" and credited to Black Knights and RZA. That track is hard af...not going to get my hopes up but I always get excited for "new" holocaust tracks. And it would be great to hear unreleased Doc Doom!

Edit: I watched some of the videos on that FB feed and in one where RZA was talking Diary pt 2 was playing in the background...and christbearer was talking about the album like it was already recorded. This has me REALLY excited now
    Last edited by hiphopjunky; 11-22-2020 at 08:39 AM.

skarekrow production is a guaranteed banga ahead

good shit

PRODIGAL SUN

nice,this is good news

Veteran Member

^^thanks

solid. I guess the western movie vibe w/ the guitar is cool. I'm just happy to hear some Black Knights of the North Star tbh. Holo steals the show as per usual

RIP Doc Doom
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by FeLo View Post
    Whew
    THE BOYS ARE BACK!!

Veteran Member

I'm feeling the first single

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Whew
    THE BOYS ARE BACK!!
    You are not kidding!!!
    Absolute banger from the master Mix Jive. Signature haunting holla in the background - Skarecrow is a beast.
    This is the perfect beat, and the BKoNS do justice with their verbal tapestry.
    Great to hear Warcloud and co spitting together again.
    I'm not sure how old these tracks are, but regardless - I'm looking forward to the album on the 25th; the perfect Xmas gift for myself.
    Get in Killa Bee Gang!!!!

grows on me w/ each listen. Christbearer has such an ill flow
    Retired.

Veteran Member

I'm interested to see how the album flows with old and new style Holocaust tracks since his style changed significantly from mixed forest zone days

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

This sounds like 2012 Holocaust, from "In The End Thereof… Are The Ways Of Death" and "The Signs Of Hells Winter" - which is the last Holo I listened to - and some of his best (certainly most polished and complete sounding) projects. All the Pro's lab and American Poets stuff is just unlistenable to me, because of those other talentless guys ruining every track...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    This sounds like 2012 Holocaust, from "In The End Thereof… Are The Ways Of Death" and "The Signs Of Hells Winter" - which is the last Holo I listened to - and some of his best (certainly most polished and complete sounding) projects. All the Pro's lab and American Poets stuff is just unlistenable to me, because of those other talentless guys ruining every track...
    Yeah but the production on some of those albums is so dope, especially the American Poets. Those albums are guilty pleasures for me 😬

Plus they have some great features, like on their latest ('Murderous Poetry 3').
    Retired.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Jet Set, just in case you might not have checked those out, the Black Knights albums w/ John Frusciante production are worth a listen. The first two got a label release (on Frusciante's personal label), the third one was self released by Black Knights. IIRC the tracks for all three albums were recorded in one (extended) period of sessions. this is probably why there's a bit of a law of diminishing returns at work in the quality of the output. the first album was very good (they selected the best cuts), the second and the third one just okay

Northstar have released albums, EPs and singles too. Christ Bearer had some solo albums as well. Meko did not put out any solo work.

Then of course you are familiar with Holo's output, including his work with Large Pro and with American Poets 2099. those collabo albums could and probably can still be purchased on the Pro/Poets homepage
    i follow all of them. black knights been dope asf same wit northstar been dope asf