Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Knights of the Northstar - Northstar of the blackest knights dec 25th 2020

I have a feeling the first track featuring RZA will just be RZA doing an intro of some sort. I think this will be mostly new material.

Doc Doom is only featured on one track.

The joint with Killarmy is pretty good, but it only features Beretta 9, Shogun and 9th Prince. No Dom Pachino, Islord or Sin (obviously)

Christ Bearer sounds good though, and I always loved Meko's voice/flow.

Peace!

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    I have a feeling the first track featuring RZA will just be RZA doing an intro of some sort. I think this will be mostly new material.

Doc Doom is only featured on one track.

The joint with Killarmy is pretty good, but it only features Beretta 9, Shogun and 9th Prince. No Dom Pachino, Islord or Sin (obviously)

Christ Bearer sounds good though, and I always loved Meko's voice/flow.

Peace!
    Yeah...I was somewhat optimistic I knew what the first track was but looking at the credits on BC it shows Christbearer on it but not Doc Doom...oh well

"Discovered by RZA, this Californian group was the first from the West Coast to be signed by Wu-Tang in 1997. The group later separated into two groups: Black Knights and Northstar who kept working closely together. They made key appearances on the albums “Wu-Tang Killa Beez: the Swarm” (Platinum), “The Sting” (Gold) plus numerous RZA soundtracks such as “Ghostdog”, “Afro Samurai” and all the Bobby Digital projects.
    Black Knights consisted of Crisis (The Sharpshooter), Rugged Monk, Doc Doom (R.I.P) and The Holocaust while Northstar is Christ Bearer and Meko The Pharaoh. For the first time in history since they separated ways around 2000, they have reunited to record a collective album as RZA envisioned when he signed them.
    The album, called “Northstar on the Blackest Night” features all members including the late Doc Doom and Holocaust who has been on hiatus. It has solid production from Skarekrow and RZA who also features alongside Ghostface Killah, Cappadonna and Kurupt and definitely proves why they are the founding and fore fathers of the West Coast Wu-Tang Killa Beez movement.

Tracklist:

1. Killa Beez ft. The RZA
    2. Universal Builders
    3. Follow Instructions ft. Shaka Amazulu The 7th
    4. Do Right When You Know Right
    5. Thin Ice ft. Kurupt
    6. T.I.M.E. (Truth I Master Equally)
    7. Blackest Star, Darkest Night ft. Killarmy
    8. A Knight's Tale
    9. Righteous Values ft. Shaka Amazulu The 7th
    10. Diary of a Madman Pt. 2 (Prod. by RZA)
    11. Don't Die
    12. Can't Tell Me Nuthin' ft. Cappadonna & Ghostface Killah
    13. People Of Today ft. Shaka Amazulu the 7th
    14. Opening Doors
    15. A Northern Star (Outro)
    16. Vinyl Only Bonus

Releases December 25, 2020

Credits:

Christbearer (1,2,3,4,5,6,7, 9,10,11,12,13,14,15, 16)
    Crisis Tha Sharpshooter (1,2,3,4,5,6, 9,10,11,12,13,14)
    Doc Doom (10)
    Meko Da Pharoah (2,3,5,6,9,11,13,14)
    Rugged Monk (1,2,4,6,7,13, 16)
    The Holocaust (3,6,7,8,9,10,13,14, 16)

Production:

RZA (10)
    Skarekrow (1,4,5,6,7,12,13,15, 16)
    Devious (3,14)
    Rise (2)
    Shaka Amazulu (8)
    44 Trumpet (9)
    Emmit (11)"

there's alot of warcloud on it.
    Thats what really matters

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    100%.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Yup.

Anyone listen to any of the other tracks posted on BC? I'm holding out until the whole album drops

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I really hope those Warcloud verses are not ones we have already heard. Disappointed there is only one Doc Doom feature, but he was murdered only about four months after he was released from prison, so I guess that is to be expected

enjoy some Skarekrow, Holo & Doc Doom while you wait for the album to drop

sicc mix
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Album is now available on Spotify!

Edit: after one listen, I'm pretty disappointed (I guess my expectations were foolishly high). The album is ok, sans the first two tracks. Highlights are Doc Doom and Holocaust on Diary of a Madman (although the sound quality is shit) and Crisis sounds sharp throughout the album and steals the show imo. Holocaust verses seem to range from old style (one track), Robot Tank era (most tracks) and maybe some recent recordings (one or two tracks) but his vocals generally sound a lot lower than everyone else which is lame. Sounds like a lot of copy/paste throughout the album, and some verses sounded off-beat. The beats are generally pretty good though. There are a handful of Shaka features.
    Last edited by hiphopjunky; 12-13-2020 at 07:57 AM.

I only listened to the tracks featuring Holocaust, and I'm impressed with his original contributions to this album. Despite there being repurposed Robot Tank verses from the Theater of Pain era, and He Who Came Under The Spell being remixed, Holo still shines brightest on all tracks he's featured on, in my opinion.

Diary of a Madman Pt. 2 aka "Resident Evil", has finally been unearthed in its entirety!

Last edited by Dark Matter; 12-14-2020 at 09:31 AM.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

I will never understand why people agree to let Shaka ruin tracks with his features. Dude needs to stay behind the scenes A&Ring these "fantasy" projects and work on getting them sounding right.

Also - if you can't clean up the original recordings of Diary of a Madman pt 2, at least muffle the new verses to make it sound like they were part of the same session and not copy/paste...

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the rest of the Holocaust tracks
    Last edited by CL2coming; 12-14-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    I only listened to the tracks featuring Holocaust, and I'm impressed with his original contributions to this album. Despite there being repurposed Robot Tank verses from the Theater of Pain era, and He Who Came Under The Spell being remixed, Holo still shines brightest on all tracks he's featured on, in my opinion.

Diary of a Madman Pt. 2 aka "Resident Evil", has finally been unearthed in its entirety!

i'm conflicted

i think the dr doom and holocaust verses should have been left as is and maybe 2 minutes of the instrumental after with some resident evil movie skis to end it...

i always feel robbed when i hear tracks that are repurposed
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 12-14-2020 at 11:17 AM.

are ghost and donna offbeat?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

They should've left the Diary of a Madman 2 with Just Doc Doom & Warcloud on it and let the beat ride out. Also, expectations are too high. You're looking at the tracklist, features, and producers and your mind warps to 98'-00' when these guys were in prime form. Scale it back.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.