Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Knights of the Northstar - Northstar of the blackest knights dec 25th 2020

Default Black Knights of the Northstar - Northstar of the blackest knights dec 25th 2020

Black knights of the north star; Rugged Monk, Crisis, Holocaust, Doc Doom (RIP) Christbearer and Meko

feat. RZA, Ghostface, Cappadonna, Killarmy, Kurupt ...

ALL of the original members?

okay I'm DEFINITELY interested

has to be at least partly a pieced together release, right?
    Retired.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Nice one. Cool to see RZA still backing these guys after all the years.. “..Holocaust, one of the illest MC’s..”

dope cover

thank you for posting FeLo
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Would be dope to finally have a group album from these guys. As usual, not getting my hopes up though.

They have been steadily releasing through the years right?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Jet Set, just in case you might not have checked those out, the Black Knights albums w/ John Frusciante production are worth a listen. The first two got a label release (on Frusciante's personal label), the third one was self released by Black Knights. IIRC the tracks for all three albums were recorded in one (extended) period of sessions. this is probably why there's a bit of a law of diminishing returns at work in the quality of the output. the first album was very good (they selected the best cuts), the second and the third one just okay

Northstar have released albums, EPs and singles too. Christ Bearer had some solo albums as well. Meko did not put out any solo work.

Then of course you are familiar with Holo's output, including his work with Large Pro and with American Poets 2099. those collabo albums could and probably can still be purchased on the Pro/Poets homepage
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Jet Set, just in case you might not have checked those out, the Black Knights albums w/ John Frusciante production are worth a listen. The first two got a label release (on Frusciante's personal label), the third one was self released by Black Knights. IIRC the tracks for all three albums were recorded in one (extended) period of sessions. this is probably why there's a bit of a law of diminishing returns at work in the quality of the output. the first album was very good (they selected the best cuts), the second and the third one just okay

Northstar have released albums, EPs and singles too. Christ Bearer had some solo albums as well. Meko did not put out any solo work.

Then of course you are familiar with Holo's output, including his work with Large Pro and with American Poets 2099. those collabo albums could and probably can still be purchased on the Pro/Poets homepage

I read about that collabo. When I read that, I remember think like how did they fix that? And why isn't this bigger? Never really checked those albums out.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

^^thank you!

a RZA beat, a lot of Skarekrow beats (he's got some great beat, I dig his stuff) and wucorp's own 444Trumpets

a lot of these are, I assume, from different sources so I hope they get the mastering right on this release. that would make the album sound more cohesive. good mastering isn't always in the budget so we'll see
    Retired.

Diary of a Madman Part 2 and no Gravediggaz members on it (except for RZA who made the beat). Why do they keep adding the "part X" label to tracks. We know it ain't gonna be as good as the original one.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

That covers horrible but besides that I’ll be checking for this when it drops.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Great to see Skarekrow all over this..