I'm REALLY enjoying the Cold Chisel compilation. very strong material. they sound even better live, it has some extra punch. I'd be willing to shell out for a live album if it ever becomes available down here. some of the guitar work on the tracks reminds me of The Police (rhythm guitar) but mostly they just sound like themselves. not one weak track on here. excellent song selection. they are both good at the harder and at the softer tracks. I'll also say they are very good at writing hooks

some highlights for me include :

Rising Sun
You got nothing I want
Misfits
Breakfast at my sweethearts
Bow River
Goodbye (Astrid Goodbye)

my absolute favorite might be Forever Now

but in fact I like everything on here

this band might just be the discovery of the month for me

I also listened to Little River Band but tbh while some of the tracks are solid, other material seems to be veering toward easy listening material. I need to give that album some more spins to really decide how I feel about this band. I think I had expected more of a rock or a groove feel but I don't know what I based that assumption on in the first place because the tracks on YouTube I listened to weren't rockers either. because I love the Cold Chisel material I seem to be playing that album much more currently

back to Australian music in general, I need to purchase an INXS comp. I used to have one but I sold about a quarter of my whole CD collection to finance a trip to NZ. I found a supercheap comp that'll definitely find itself on my very next list of purchases. I might dip into some of their studio albums as well but I could use some guidance there. any input would be appreciated. just about all of their albums are available down here at very reasonable prices

I was also wondering about these bands, if you would be willing to shed some light : Men At Work and Midnight Oil. I only know them from their lone international hit single but are they actually worth listening to for a whole album? that one guy from Midnight Oil went into politics, right? both have albums out down here that I could afford