Thread: (Hard) rock from around the world?

Question (Hard) rock from around the world?

On my ever expanding search for MOAR (hard) rock and metal, after having looked into the US, the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand I would now like your input on rock from other English speaking countries, or even from non English speaking countries where the band or artist sings in English as a second language

as to metal I think we're all pretty much familiar with a lot of bands from around the world - maybe it's more of an international scene (e.g. Scandinavia)?

but what about rock : hard rock, prog rock etc?

here's some prog rock from Hungary I know about

these guys were a thing in the seventies in Europe. good stuff. this is their most well known album, I think. prog rock

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=708
    Retired.

Nektar, Germany

some old spacerock and prog rock
    Retired.

PremiattaForneriaMarconi, Italy

prog rock, the songs were originally in eye-talian. Peter Sinfield (cofounder of King Crimson) came up with the new lyrics in English for the band

Retired.

Banned

Flower Travellin Band. A Japanese band that's a bit more psychedelic leaning whos music I heard in the Takashi Miike film "Deadly Outlaw Rekka" I believe they were the first band to release a cover of Black Sabbath songs on their album of cover songs in 1970 so no mean feat to cover Sabbath in the year their music was actually released and the influence Sabbath had on them is pretty clear but very good

I've got mid 70s Yugoslavian prog rock LP but they sing in Serbian
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

^^coming through with the HEAT again. I'm loving these songs. that guitar sound! the second track is especially Sabbathish in the way the singer goes full on Ozzy. found the album on Amazon, I'm gonna have to make Jeff Bezos €14 richer damn ha
    Retired.