Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The NON HIPHOP Albums You Have Recently Bought Thread

Heavy rotation always, my favorite album

I seriously need to invest in David Bowie. I'm starting super low key with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...d_Bowie_album)

it's early album tracks, no singles

$6 new, can't go wrong with that. probably gonna buy a singles comp later this year

by now my to buy list is well over 800 items long lol

Got this coming in too

I always lolled at Rodney's hair and schmaltzy eighties singles but truth be told someone put me onto his first few solo albums and they are so good it's not even funny haha. I went for the cheap route here with a $6 new Unplugged CD that supposedly channels the energy and feel of some of those records

the Faces song above leads me to believe that might just be the case
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-20-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Coming in : more Bruce Springsteen live, Frank Zappa (comps + planning on getting instrumental jazz next month), Cat Stevens, Lou Reed and Velvet Underground

I also recently bought a Camouflage comp. they're like Depeche Mode, but the lyrics aren't as memorable

Genesis - 'R-Kive', budget release 3 disc set compilation that was the accompanying album to a documentary

https://www.discogs.com/release/6139492-Genesis-R-Kive

apparently fans hate this release but it looks pretty good to me. I don't have the pesos to purchase individual studio albums

however, this awesome signature track IS missing from the comp

you may want to skip past the horrible introduction in French lol
    Retired.

^^4 hours of great music for $11 with interesting liner notes to boot. very happy with my purchase. 70s Genesis was unchartered territory for me.
    Retired.

A SHITLOAD of classical music, second hand from a friend at extremely low prices. Days worth of music.

Some Edith Piaff tapes too. Had to dig out the boombox!
    Retired.

More classical music.

It's hard to find low mezzo soprano singing since in opera these are often just the bit parts. I found an album by Ewa Podles who sings all songs on the project within that range. Will make for a nice change after the regukar mezzos and the sopranos.

Got a Kiri Te Kanawa comp coming in too. She was popular in the eighties as a lyrical soprano in the opera but then turned to concerts and recitals mostly.

Then there's an album with music by G.P. Telemann, who was a contemporary of Bach. He was much more popular at the time and is, as far as we know, the artist who composed the most pieces in history

Now I'm listening to Valery Vishnevsky, a pianist who plays some Tchaikovsky ('Seasons. 12 characteristic pictures')) and Mussorgsky ('Pictures at an exhibition') on this budget album. Very relaxing. I'd like to compare the Myssorgsky piano version with the orchestrated version (orchestration by Ravel) later.

Retired.

So I copped 53 albums for $58. Yeah that just happened.

Buy a 20 year old rap album pay $40.

Buy a 30 year old classical music album pay about $1. NEW album, still wrapped.

Ka-ching!
    Retired.

Banned

Recent purchases:

Robin Trower - Twice Removed From Yesterday (1973)

Randy Holden - Population II

Cactus - Cactus (1970)

I highly recommend all 3, Randy Holden fuckin shreds

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    So I copped 53 albums for $58.
    I bought 1 for $330 lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The ABBOTT

Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Nick Cave, Neil Young, Tom Petty, Bob Seger, Steve Miller Band
    Retired.

UFO - 1974 to 1986 studio albums box
    Bad Company - all 6 studio albums box

(early birthday gifts)
    Retired.