Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Colonization of the Moon

its true

we are destined for the stars. won't be our lifetime but we will colonize the solar system and expand. In terms of valuables, the oceans of titan could be a source of energy for humanity for millenia to come,best believe the overlords are planning on taking it.

if earthlings take over mars, will the martians that have blue hair and septum piercings start screaming that they are colonizers?

The ABBOTT

Elon Musk funed Space X already starting civilian missions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/01/spac...this-year.html

^cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I don't know how soon any colonization will happen but TSA's attitude is short sighted. People will inevitably leave this planet even if it means no longer being physical homo sapiens.

In the short term, as dolo said, it will be a massive cash cow for tourism, besides the huge potential for scientific discoveries.
    lol if the earth is gone, humans are gone and the earth isn't going anywhere so odds are humans will just die out. Whatever will drive humans into going to mars the the moon has to literally be worst than mars and the moon and both places are worst than the worst imaginable thing that can happen to the earth. If 'global warming' killed all vegetation and took away all of the oxygen on earth, earth would still be better than Mars. To leave earth then go to Mars would be super idiotic, especially if you have you have remotest understanding that the sand on mars poisons human beings. they can make a suit or an ointment that keeps that from happening, and keeps the air from poisoning everyone and keep it from being colder that humanity and fathom living under, or keep it's surface from reshifting minor storms. A create sustainable water, and create sustainable vegetation on poisonous soil that will then absorb the soil poisons assuming it survives and kill you. But then why not just do what on absolute worst case scenario earth?

The artic is what it is because it tilts slightly further from the sun. The tropics are what they are because they curve slightly closer to the earth. But someone who needs mittens and sunscreen in life is talking about colonizing Mars?

What would earth have to be for that to even be a possiblity or a good idea or feasible? I don't know why people will refuse to live in the Sahara Desert to now live in a sahara desert with poison sad, no air, minimal sunlight and several times colder than the arctic. The coldest day in the artic ever recorded is -100 degrees I believe. The average day on Mars is -80 in the summer, -220 in the winter.

What would have to happen to the earth for this to be an 'option'?
    Last edited by TSA; 02-03-2021 at 05:41 PM.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    ^cap.

lol if the earth is gone, humans are gone and the earth isn't going anywhere so odds are humans will just die out. Whatever will drive humans into going to mars the the moon has to literally be worst than mars and the moon and both places are worst than the worst imaginable thing that can happen to the earth. If 'global warming' killed all vegetation and took away all of the oxygen on earth, earth would still be better than Mars. To leave earth then go to Mars would be super idiotic, especially if you have you have remotest understanding that the sand on mars poisons human beings. they can make a suit or an ointment that keeps that from happening, and keeps the air from poisoning everyone and keep it from being colder that humanity and fathom living under, or keep it's surface from reshifting minor storms. A create sustainable water, and create sustainable vegetation on poisonous soil that will then absorb the soil poisons assuming it survives and kill you. But then why not just do what on absolute worst case scenario earth?

The artic is what it is because it tilts slightly further from the sun. The tropics are what they are because they curve slightly closer to the earth. But someone who needs mittens and sunscreen in life is talking about colonizing Mars?

What would earth have to be for that to even be a possiblity or a good idea or feasible? I don't know why people will refuse to live in the Sahara Desert to now live in a sahara desert with poison sad, no air, minimal sunlight and several times colder than the arctic. The coldest day in the artic ever recorded is -100 degrees I believe. The average day on Mars is -80 in the summer, -220 in the winter.

Exploration, TSA. That's what it's about. I love to see Astronauts walk on Mars, study the planet, collect samples, and then come home.

Good post. Living on a dead planet doesn't make any sense when we're living on a planet that contains life. Scientists have discussed for years terraforming Mars back to what is was before its death. Lol. Good luck. That'll take decades based on the planet's size. Also, like you've stated, we're human. Our bodies aren't made to survive on another planet like Mars. Gravity is weak so our organs and bones will crumble. Special suits and facilities on Mars to keep that from happening.

Again, scientists talk and write theories but don't follow through due to a lack of funding and technology.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The ABBOTT

Just check modern history. Take somewhere like Dubai or Phoenix. No one lived there fifty years ago. These places boomed due to modern conveniences. Same thing has to occur on another planet. Creating a comfortable enviroment artificially.

If it wasn’t for space travel, a lot of useful things to us wouldn’t be a thing . Like microwaves etc .

space exploration and research is vital to humanity .

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    ^cap.

Nobody is saying "hey lets all go and live on Mars tomorrow", all that's meant by 'colonization' is initially just putting a small research group up there.

The discoveries and inventions made could potentially help us to live on earth better and gain a deeper understanding of life.

We have no idea what's around the corner, but it's human nature to keep pushing forward.

The ABBOTT

You remember U.S. vs Russia going to the moon. Now its China trying to be the king. They want be leaders in space exploration to Mars. Link provides info.

https://phys.org/news/2021-02-mars-p...hellbent.html?

The ABBOTT

Habitable planet only 4 light years away. Seems promising, check link.

https://www.space.com/exoplanet-cand...pha-centauri-a

^ It's fascinating, even if there's no life, just to see other worlds would be amazing.

We'll probably genetically engineer ourselves and/or merge with computers in the near future, but even then, the human groups sent out over the next hundreds or thousands and millions of years could diverge in very different ways, unless we figure out interstellar communication and light speed travel.

{>____<}

^Good finds, guys.

i'm telling you guys. Alpha centauri is where its at. there's life there. something tells me that. I also believe we should avoid the andromeda and sombrero galaxy, because i believe type 2 civilization aliens probably live there. you know? the Thanos types who would obliterate a whole planet in seconds. i'm saying this because of that finding they made a few years ago where the stars in those galaxies were dimming periodically in sequence like there were actual structures around their stars like dyson spheres. of course this was speculation but i'm a believer.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    i'm telling you guys. Alpha centauri is where its at. there's life there. something tells me that. I also believe we should avoid the andromeda and sombrero galaxy, because i believe type 2 civilization aliens probably live there. you know? the Thanos types who would obliterate a whole planet in seconds. i'm saying this because of that finding they made a few years ago where the stars in those galaxies were dimming periodically in sequence like there were actual structures around their stars like dyson spheres. of course this was speculation but i'm a believer.

I don't doubt this. The issue is getting there. 4 light years is over 132,000 years traveling normal speed.

Out best bet is the alcubieere drive . They are still working out the science . If the crack that or the EM drive, possibilities are endless