Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Colonization of the Moon

Apparently the moon will just end up having a really long stable orbit, It won't leave the earth unless an outside force acts on it.

Double post. This site is rickety.

The dyson sphere concept is innevitable.
    may not be in our lifetime but humanity is gonna need alternate sources of energy, i also believe the only way we will reach other stars is harnessing power enough to power a star so Yes, its coming, we just wont be here to see it just like we won't be here to see how glorious our skies and habitable zone is gonna be 6000 years from now when the andromeda galaxy clashes with ours.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    No prob bro.

astronomy/astro physics is my life , I’ve gone down down the ultimate rabbit hole when it comes to this topic. Great thread
    I wanted to major in astronomy but the college didn't offer it. Only physics. Yes, good thread.

Grave, check out Netflix's Away. It's about a man mission to Mars. I've watched it twice already.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

^^that show is the best show I've seen this year. thanks again Ironman
    Retired.

^ Really? I watched the first episode, and it just seemed too sentimental for me. Maybe that's just part of setting up the characters/story and it picks up after that?

well granted it's equal parts family drama and space discovery but these were really well balanced, I thought the plot did a great job of showing both the trouble that occur in space and on earth and how these influence each other. good all around acting too imo. I was genuinely hooked. there's some good revelations about the crew members as the show progresses, everybody gets their moment to shine so to speak. definitely top show of 2020 for me
    Retired.

to actually answer your question though, the other episodes are in the same vein as the first, so if you thought episode one was too sentimental for your liking I have to admit that doesn't change as the show progresses.
    Retired.

Yea i heard of the show but couldn’t get into it because I’m more interested in planetary landings and shows based on far star systems like alpha Centauri , for some reason, Mars really doesn’t interest me and like stated earlier , the drama aspect of it kills the space opera quality for me. It’s a decent joint tho.

I might try it anyway. I think it was just a few scenes I didn't like, the flashback scenes where her family were smiling and laughing like they were in a yoghurt commercial.

Shaolin Master

That show was already canceled.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Yea i heard of the show but couldn’t get into it because I’m more interested in planetary landings and shows based on far star systems like alpha Centauri , for some reason, Mars really doesn’t interest me and like stated earlier , the drama aspect of it kills the space opera quality for me. It’s a decent joint tho.
    Interstellar travel is the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    You're joking, right? Unreal.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    they're not bringing it back? there was so much in terms of plot they could have still done. this is really too bad

I could see it being an expensive show though, but tbh probably a lot of them are and still get renewed
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Now we are getting radio signals from nearest star system, interesting. Check link

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...xima-centauri/

Look at my location on my profile. i've always said it, im a hardcore believer that there's life in alpha centauri. i'm a proponent of humanity finding a way there. thanks for that article. made my morning