Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Colonization of the Moon

The ABBOTT

Not at its current state. If there some sort of enviroment that could be created, then maybe.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I ask people this question quite often, if given the opportunity, would you guys go to live on the moon or mars?
    Mars. As a geologist, I'd love to explore that planet. In terms of living, Mars would be a better option. I'll be adapting to its surroundings and atmosphere; I'll visit Olympus Mons as well. On the other side, as astronauts/scientists, we'll have to be very careful of our steps because they'll be no rescue missions and communication is limited (48 to send and receive a message). There'll be no room for error but on another planet, mistakes will happen.

As long as it's round trip, then I am ok with that.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Not at its current state. If there some sort of enviroment that could be created, then maybe.
    You'd have a habitat to live in, and space suits. Terraforming another planet could take decades or centuries if it's even possible.

I think I would do it. Even if I died it's a pretty cool way to go out.

The ABBOTT

https://www.greenprophet.com/2021/01...colonize-mars/

More plans to live on Mars, this involves the Emirates. I didn't realize average temp on Mars is -81 below F· -63 below C·.

{>____<}

https://www.greenprophet.com/2021/01...colonize-mars/

More plans to live on Mars, this involves the Emirates. I didn't realize average temp on Mars is -81 below F· -63 below C·.
    Good article.

The ABBOTT

Now it's Venus, check link. Seems like every week they have a new destination for a new society.

https://thehumanoid.net/is-it-time-t...ge-life-forms/

The ABBOTT

Now it's Venus, check link. Seems like every week they have a new destination for a new society.

https://thehumanoid.net/is-it-time-t...ge-life-forms/

^ I remember Carl Sagan talked about potentially living on ships above the heat and atmospheric pressure on Venus. It sounds fantastic and dangerous.

The ABBOTT

https://interestingengineering.com/n...0-times-faster

A way to reach Mars 10 times faster. That would be a game changer.

{>____<}

https://interestingengineering.com/n...0-times-faster

A way to reach Mars 10 times faster. That would be a game changer.
    I hate that all these concepts never get build. All the ideas are out there but never constructed. NASA's wasting time.

Because it's all cap. Niggas that can barely live in Canada talking about 'colonizing' Mars. ho-kay.

{>____<}

^It's a dream but they have no way making dreams come true. I know that sounds corny but it's true. All these concepts but no one is willing to fund scientists.

If they find a mineral with durability that impossible to replicate on earth there a chance (and it's likely they can and will). But I think futurism for the sake of futurism like colonizing the moon and mars is never going to get real funding and priority because it's pointless. If they find a mineral they'll probably send robots but ppl will never live outside of earth because there's no reason recreating an entire earth and hoping ppl survive in Mars which is not only worst than the worst possible desert on earth, but has poisonous air, and sub-arctic tempratures. Venus is literally an active volcano with air that melts people so I don't think what a colony there would be and Mars is worst case scenario earth

The ABBOTT

It will become a thing with the elite at some point. "Oh we spent a month on Mars/Moon, it was so inspiring, did you see all my post on IG/FB." Thats how space travel becomes big time. Why do you think Elon Musk, the now richest person in the world is so invested in it? He knows these rich fucks will be bragging about their vacations in outer space and it will become a tourist thing.

I don't know how soon any colonization will happen but TSA's attitude is short sighted. People will inevitably leave this planet even if it means no longer being physical homo sapiens.

In the short term, as dolo said, it will be a massive cash cow for tourism, besides the huge potential for scientific discoveries.