Thread: COVID-19: The Quarantine Album

I'll be listening to and reviewing this over the next 3 days in batches of 4 to 5 songs. that way I can give each track multiple listens and provide some (hopefully) meaningful feedback

are most of these songs old (collected from different previous projects) or new? for example I remember hearing Truth In The Notion before (always enjoyed that one)

01 Awake - great start to the album. I love the instrumentation / beat. good MC combo, works well. nice conscious song, speaks on the real. definitely some substance to this song
    very nice OUTRO to the song too w/ the instrumentation and the Russian (?) dialogue

02 Truth In The Notion - this track was always 10/10 for me. I enjoyed listening to this one again. I think I appreciate the lyrics even more now . still love the violins on this one too

03 Basura de la Vida - does this mean 'waste/garbage of life' in English? the backdrop on this reminds me of Stoupe The Enemy Of Mankind circa 'Violent by Design' / 'Visions of Ghandi' - another conscious track, describing the hard realities of life for some. your lyrics are REAL. short and sweet track. LOTS OF replay value

04 Dirty Gunz - HARDBODY ISH! that beat makes me go ONGH ol skool wucorp style - word to Tony Bandana. this beat is like a cross between tv western (that whistle sound) and ninja music. you sound legit menacing here. dope. I like how the lyrics are from both the viewpoint of the rapper, the shooter and the gun - so it works on different levels lyrically. I like how you refer to the Nas song by including that line 'I give you the power'

05 Politics & Bullshit - back to the conscious content. great beat w/ lovely vocal sample. chorus works well! Mr Ripley & Portarok bring the heat too. I like how all three of you stick to the topic. on a lot of posse cuts in mainstream rap there's always one guy who goes off topic or is just lazy. not here. I missed Portarok's voice, he has a very particular delivery I like

tracks 1- 5 = great start to this compilation album that shows Caper's various strengths as an artist

2 questions :

* would you be willing to ask Portarok whether he'd want to start posting here again too, Caper?

* where can I find production credits for these tracks? or did you produce all of them yourself?

p.e.a.c.e. and much respect

Thanks for listening. I will ask Portarok.

Production by Gee Dark, Solution Beats,L.O.B.,Anno Domini, Beatslowkey, Beat Monstarrs,Deadly Technique,General Beats and Toshinori

^^thanks!

6 Struggles - good conscious track, beat goes well w/ the topic. female chorus works well too imo, uplifting message in the chorus

7 Friends With The Devil - nice short track, lyrics are REAL too, critical of society

8 Big Trouble - LOVE the beat on this one!! that menacing vibe. good posse cut, hardbody. don't think I heard NOSHOW & KILLA WYND before. I should check back w/ my collection. nice 'Catcher in the Rye' reference by NOSHOW btw. I like KILLA WYND's voice and delivery. great outro w/ the chopping blade sounds

9 Strike First - instant classic kung fu intro and COLD beat. good to hear Jigsaw again. don't think I heard Timtation before. he does well this track right here is definitely a favorite of mind. some horror movie type music (always a good match w/ Jigsaw's delivery). btw the horn sample in there in the middle was a nice touch, very cinematic. yall flow well effortlessly over the beat

10 Warfare - immaculate flow and hard hitting beat 'shifting the world upside down so I can snatch the crown'. I like it when you go in like that and take no prisoners

11 The Ying & Yang Technique - good to hear a female emcee rapping on the album too. hasn't Bliss worked with Killah Priest before? I remember that being very good too. this beat is another banger. I like the dialogue bit at the end too, as well as the intro. you can tell when there's a lot of attention paid to details. very good rhymes

12 Triple Massacre - EPIC wu/martial arts beat. that sampled loop is ill. this beat truly is a gem and lends itself well for this posse cut. all three of you came with some lethal rhymes. your verse shines, the delivery is very rhythmic and rides the beat well. I listened to this track multiple times in a row, pretty addictive for a wu fan. tiger style!

13 Waste No Time - very different sounding beat from the tracks that preceded it. I love the laidback feel of it. the female sample makes me think of sixtiesseventies cocktail party music. another great posse cut. you guys have chemistry on the mic. 'musically portray how I feel what I see'. I like the contrast between the hard hitting rhymes and the softer type beat. good combo. 'everybody wanna beast like a pack of hyenas' ill line

14 Heat - another dope beat that kind of reminds me of Stoupe's work (like I said in my previous post about 'Basura de la Vida'). I like how the voices are pitched. my first time hearing Kapacity, I think. good verse. good idea to keep the last verse on the album for yourself

I think the sequencing of the tracks on this album works well, which is not always easy for a compilation album. I also noticed you bookended the album w/ the same team (you and Kapacity), that's cool.

both the solo cuts and the posse cuts are well done. what I like too is that the album is a mixture of conscious tracks that discuss what is wrong with society and just plain hardbody hard hitting raps. it was a nice surprise to hear Jigsaw and Sinista on the album. brings back some great wucorp/audiobooth memories. does Skampoe also still rap? I remember him posting an album on here a few years ago (really it's been a while) saying it was gonna be his last ever release.

it would be dope if all three of them started posted here again. are you still in touch with them? if so could you ask them to reconnect with Audiobooth too?

thanks for posting your new releases. so far I have enjoyed all of them - a lot. btw I also sent word to some of the posters in WuChamber about these new releases of yours via PM on here

p.e.a.c.e.
    Retired.