Thread: Midnight Kung Fu Special : Shaolin Beat Tape by Gee Dark

Default Midnight Kung Fu Special : Shaolin Beat Tape by Gee Dark

props for posting this. good to see you post here, Caper. shoutout to DSR. I gotta go to work in half an hour but I'll check out your beat tape in the evening. for now I just peeped the first and second track. I love the sinister atmosphere of the first track. the title fits the song well! you used that violin sample really well in the second track. another banger for sure. so dope

as the year comes to a close I just wanted to say I hope you had a great all around year man. I deleted all of my social media accounts about two years ago so I was kind of out of touch with a lot of people. great to be able to communicate w/ you again

I'll post more feedback later

p.e.a.c.e.

No Beer gives me The Godfather vibes - very nice!

Retired Master - shades of Wu, digging it
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-03-2020 at 10:32 AM.

man this is an all around banger. I'm on track 12 now and they're ALL winners. gonna enjoy the rest of album now

I'll be sure to check out the quarantine album tomorrow after work and leave you some feedback for that one too

peace and thanks for taking the time to listen. Appreciate the support

13 - Boxing Shadows - hardcore on some 'I'm about to body some ninjas!' ish

14 - Deadly Flutes - lovely flutes, the track gives me kind of an ennio morricone feel, like theme music suitable for a western or 'The Mission'

15 - Defiance - sinister minimalist beat, loving it

16 - Dirty Drumz - follows on well from 15, great double whammy, loving this one also AND I'm always a sucker for a female vocal sample

17 - Drumaholics - another sinister one on here, the drums give it kind of an exotic feel, very atmospheric

18 - Hard Lesson To Learn - good to hear some keys as well, nice combo of 'low' and 'high' keys (sorry I don't know the musician's terminology)

19 - Kung Fu Boom - nice track title, that intro got me HYPED too w/ the horns and dialogue, track is great throughout

okay so all in all this is the type of beat tape I could listen to over and over again

YOU HAVE BEEN SORELY MISSED ROUND THESE PARTS, SIR! good to see you post again

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    13 - Boxing Shadows - hardcore on some 'I'm about to body some ninjas!' ish

14 - Deadly Flutes - lovely flutes, the track gives me kind of an ennio morricone feel, like theme music suitable for a western or 'The Mission'

15 - Defiance - sinister minimalist beat, loving it

16 - Dirty Drumz - follows on well from 15, great double whammy, loving this one also AND I'm always a sucker for a female vocal sample

17 - Drumaholics - another sinister one on here, the drums give it kind of an exotic feel, very atmospheric

18 - Hard Lesson To Learn - good to hear some keys as well, nice combo of 'low' and 'high' keys (sorry I don't know the musician's terminology)

19 - Kung Fu Boom - nice track title, that intro got me HYPED too w/ the horns and dialogue, track is great throughout

okay so all in all this is the type of beat tape I could listen to over and over again

YOU HAVE BEEN SORELY MISSED ROUND THESE PARTS, SIR! good to see you post again
    Thanks I appreciate you listening.

No Beer - Really dig samples like this. Some tough beats on this, Revengeful in particular. But some chill sinister vibes too. Boxing Shadows this has to be the hottest beat on the tape for my money NASTY!

Quote Originally Posted by GameOfDeath View Post
    No Beer - Really dig samples like this. Some tough beats on this, Revengeful in particular. But some chill sinister vibes too. Boxing Shadows this has to be the hottest beat on the tape for my money NASTY!
    peace and thanks for listening glad you diggin my beats. I have a so many beats I made in my beat vault.