Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nwobhm

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I saw you reviewed the Venom movie (totally unrelated of course) too. I still have to watch that one, might actually do it this week and then afterwards watch the review you did with this other guy John
    just watched the movie. good fun. Tom Hardy brings the goods
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Straight up banga. Lemmy transcends metal

^^ heat rocks!!
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I need some context behind this video posted above. Is this guy a wrestler?

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    I need some context behind this video posted above. Is this guy a wrestler?
    lead singer of the mentors

Satan the only Misfits album I can find at a reasonable price is American Psycho. I read some reviews and they say it leans on the heavier side, more with a metal feel to it. Would you agree? An album like that would be to my liking. Would you recommend this particular album?

they have comps out too but they're even more expensive than the studio albums lol

I was also looking into Stiff Little Fingers. Are they any good?

The Ramones comp should arrive next week. It was much cheaper than their clasdic debut, that's why I went for it. Also, 50 songs on 2 discs for $7.5, can't go wrong with that
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Satan the only Misfits album I can find at a reasonable price is American Psycho. I read some reviews and they say it leans on the heavier side, more with a metal feel to it. Would you agree? An album like that would be to my liking. Would you recommend this particular album?

they have comps out too but they're even more expensive than the studio albums lol

I was also looking into Stiff Little Fingers. Are they any good?

The Ramones comp should arrive next week. It was much cheaper than their clasdic debut, that's why I went for it. Also, 50 songs on 2 discs for $7.5, can't go wrong with that
    American Psycho is a non danzig album, so I wouldn't reccomend it. Not sure about stiff little fingers

thanks, will not purchase! I'll just look out for a chance to get another one w/ Glenn Danzig.
    Retired.

major shoutout to Satan for putting me on to The Ramones

with 58 (!) tracks on two discs there is a lot to discover here. the first six tracks are from their debut album, which you suggested I buy (the comp was cheaper so I went for that)

I'm (only) a few tracks in now and what I hadn't expected is that there is a kind of pop sensibility to this band. it's punk, but it's catchy, and some of it feels like a throwback to fifties and sixties pop, at least to me. this is more apparent on the songs with a bubblier chorus

I'll post some more thoughts later when I've listened to the whole comp a few times

incidentally national tv is showing a longish documentary on punk in the US this Thursday. I'll be sure to record it. New York Dolls will also get some shine, it says in the program booklet
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I am at an agreement with this songs message. I was reading that Lemmy was a lady's man that had impressive count of women he slept with. I wouldn't have ever got that impression by his demeanor.

Default Cronos (Venom) and Lemmy

First time I see a pic of them together. Lemmy still looks pretty young there.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post

I am at an agreement with this songs message. I was reading that Lemmy was a lady's man that had impressive count of women he slept with. I wouldn't have ever got that impression by his demeanor.
    Yeah great track and the song makes sense.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I saw a video of Lemmy when he was in a band called hawkwind. Someone commented it was for best he was fired from the band, since it lead to Motorhead. I couldn't agree more, hawkwind was lame.