Thread: Step toward chaos

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Step toward chaos

https://soundcloud.com/user-25891108...p-toward-chaos

ANOTHER ALBUM I PUT OUT AROUND AUGUST

will listen to both projects (this one and in the other thread) tomorrow and post song by song feedback. didn't get round to it today, now it's past midnight here

p.e.a.c.e. I'll edit this post tomorrow w/ the review.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    will listen to both projects (this one and in the other thread) tomorrow and post song by song feedback. didn't get round to it today, now it's past midnight here

p.e.a.c.e. I'll edit this post tomorrow w/ the review.
    word where you from Hal

Belgium, the little country that could
    Retired.

Belgium, the little country that could
    ahhhhhhhh thats what's sup man

1. Just add chaos INTRO - sets the right mood, very effective. 'just add chaos' is also a perfect description what 2020 has been like, right?

2. Dooopeeee - nice Vil Z Liv beat. very atmospheric piano keys, goes well with your delivery. somehow sounds very contemporary. I like the chorus where you spell your name too, makes for an ill soundbite

3. Don't ask why - good continuation from the previous beat to this one with killer off key piano keys that make me think of computer games. your flow is ill. nice kevin bacon reference. I like how this song is a bit longer, I enjoyed the verses and the short instrumental part in the middle too

4. You ain't got shit - true, I ain't got shit. lol j/k. this has got to be one of my fav tracks on this album. threatening beat and your shit talking is very effective. digging it!!

5. Data driven - cool song title. there's a westcoast quality to the beat, to my ears. that pitched up g funk whine in the background at the beginning I mean. then the actual beat drops and I like it too. you sound like you wanna kill the listener. I applaud that. dope song.

6. Spell speed 76 - this one sounds kind of different with the eastern sound. works well. kind of quirky. once again the beat complements your delivery well. you have a good ear for beats and I think you know very well what works with your delivery. by now you know from some of my earlier reviews I like it when you repeat parts of your lyrics, I dig that style. this track would work well in a car chase scene in a horror movie. those are some of the images that the song conjures up for me

7. Sleepless levitation - good opening verse by Sage The 33rd Scroll (ill rap alias btw). I like both his and your scifi imagery in this song too. I love me some scifi I think this song's topic works well with some of the content Graveyard Shifter raps about and maybe a remix w/ Gravey would sound amazing as well if both of you are interested

8. Minds a wash - dope 'the purge' themed introduction. BLESSED BE OUR NEW FOUNDING FATHERS! good track but the producer here mixed your voice a bit lower in the mix than on the rest of the album I think. I'm gonna play this track again a few times after having listened to the full album so I can make out your lyrics more easily. I haven't seen any of 'The Purge' movies btw

9. Rage of Sparta - nice military sounding beat. this track is a MONSTER. very dramatic sounding. your delivery works wonders and you are nice with the lyrics, your lines are very descriptive here. I can see this quickly becoming one of my favorite tracks of yours. SPARTA!

10. STR8 spittin' - works very well between the sound snippet from the intro, the beat, the vocal snippet from that guy singing in the background ('now this kush got me so hiiiigh') and your verses. you are straight spittin here indeed. I was hooked from the first line. the arnold schwarzenegger reference is appreciated. did I catch a letterman reference in there too? very good way to end the album, with the intro being looped back in. these tracks bookend the project well. I like how you let the beat ride out too, as a kind of long outro

all in all another great project of yours. you've been very busy and productive in summer

I'm gonna let the album play out fully again this evening and maybe post some new thoughts on what my fav tracks are. the review above was just after one listen for each track. but right now I'm gonna listen to 'Minds a wash again'
    Retired.

listened twice more to 'Minds a wash' and I did catch all the lyrics now. I think I was kind of misled the first time around because your first few bars seem to be a bit louder in the mix than what follows. ill track! 'check the head / flow's been dead / gravedigging tombs'
    Retired.

1. Just add chaos INTRO - sets the right mood, very effective. 'just add chaos' is also a perfect description what 2020 has been like, right?

2. Dooopeeee - nice Vil Z Liv beat. very atmospheric piano keys, goes well with your delivery. somehow sounds very contemporary. I like the chorus where you spell your name too, makes for an ill soundbite

3. Don't ask why - good continuation from the previous beat to this one with killer off key piano keys that make me think of computer games. your flow is ill. nice kevin bacon reference. I like how this song is a bit longer, I enjoyed the verses and the short instrumental part in the middle too

4. You ain't got shit - true, I ain't got shit. lol j/k. this has got to be one of my fav tracks on this album. threatening beat and your shit talking is very effective. digging it!!

5. Data driven - cool song title. there's a westcoast quality to the beat, to my ears. that pitched up g funk whine in the background at the beginning I mean. then the actual beat drops and I like it too. you sound like you wanna kill the listener. I applaud that. dope song.

6. Spell speed 76 - this one sounds kind of different with the eastern sound. works well. kind of quirky. once again the beat complements your delivery well. you have a good ear for beats and I think you know very well what works with your delivery. by now you know from some of my earlier reviews I like it when you repeat parts of your lyrics, I dig that style. this track would work well in a car chase scene in a horror movie. those are some of the images that the song conjures up for me

7. Sleepless levitation - good opening verse by Sage The 33rd Scroll (ill rap alias btw). I like both his and your scifi imagery in this song too. I love me some scifi I think this song's topic works well with some of the content Graveyard Shifter raps about and maybe a remix w/ Gravey would sound amazing as well if both of you are interested

8. Minds a wash - dope 'the purge' themed introduction. BLESSED BE OUR NEW FOUNDING FATHERS! good track but the producer here mixed your voice a bit lower in the mix than on the rest of the album I think. I'm gonna play this track again a few times after having listened to the full album so I can make out your lyrics more easily. I haven't seen any of 'The Purge' movies btw

9. Rage of Sparta - nice military sounding beat. this track is a MONSTER. very dramatic sounding. your delivery works wonders and you are nice with the lyrics, your lines are very descriptive here. I can see this quickly becoming one of my favorite tracks of yours. SPARTA!

10. STR8 spittin' - works very well between the sound snippet from the intro, the beat, the vocal snippet from that guy singing in the background ('now this kush got me so hiiiigh') and your verses. you are straight spittin here indeed. I was hooked from the first line. the arnold schwarzenegger reference is appreciated. did I catch a letterman reference in there too? very good way to end the album, with the intro being looped back in. these tracks bookend the project well. I like how you let the beat ride out too, as a kind of long outro

all in all another great project of yours. you've been very busy and productive in summer

I'm gonna let the album play out fully again this evening and maybe post some new thoughts on what my fav tracks are. the review above was just after one listen for each track. but right now I'm gonna listen to 'Minds a wash again'
    dopeness and thanks