Thread: Who's your artist of the year?

Wink Who's your artist of the year?

... and why? maybe post a vid too?

it could be a new artist, it could be an established one, it could even be a dead one

to get things going : in my case it would be JJ Cale, a musical discovery late in the year. tbh I had not expected his music to appeal to me so much. large part of the attraction lies in the fact is that he makes for both ideal early morning waking up music and late night cooling down music. with both his hypnotizing grooves and his more introverted songs he makes for a nice change from high energy rap and rock I listen to a lot. also there's a big back catalog to explore

Retired.

There were a bunch of great records this year. I think I listened to Lianne La Havas the most, so I have to give it to her, it's just an excellent album. Griselda had an incredible year.

And then there was a bunch of great records this year, everyone from Taylor Swift to Phoebe Bridgers. Come to think of it most of the non hip hop records I liked were by women. Tame Impala was good.

I also rediscovered Sparks, who are fucked up and addictive.

The ABBOTT

The Alchemist. Two solid collab albums with Boldy James and Freddie Gibbs. Also produced some quality tracks for Westside Gunn and Conway.

Alchemist NEVER fails. his output is always high level

Sha, I'm gonna check out Phoebe Bridgers this afternoon. I read several mentions of her in the music pages of a mag I subscribe to but I never listened to her music. Same for a person/band (?) called Arlo Parks or something to that effect that I'll also be checking out later today. I saw Arlo Parks being mentioned by some music industry insiders on their End Of Year listst
    Retired.

Sha I checked out 8 Phoebe Bridgers songs and I liked what I heard. but what I liked even more were the Arlo Parks songs I checked out afterwards. I thought the Phoebe songs were solid but Arlo's tracks connected with me instantly.
    Retired.