Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2020 Thread!

Banned

Sha: meat is murder
    also sha: Eating turkey for Xmas

����*♂️
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Haha yeah I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I rarely support the meat industry generally though.

The fucker has been in for almost 4 hours and still isn't cooked.

The ABBOTT

Did you stuff that Turkey? It shouldn't take that long if not. Any poultry should be accompanied with stuffing/dressing. Turkey,goose,duck,chicken,cornish hens with proper sides are all a great holiday dinner.

It turned out good. Actually a cold turkey sandwich the next day was even better.

I put this album on in the background xmas day.

believe it or not I tend to play Christmas carols sung by a boys' choir in July or August when it's really hot inside and I can't for the life of me get the heat out
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Did you stuff that Turkey? It shouldn't take that long if not. Any poultry should be accompanied with stuffing/dressing. Turkey,goose,duck,chicken,cornish hens with proper sides are all a great holiday dinner.
    I’m a big fan of the Cornish hens

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    believe it or not I tend to play Christmas carols sung by a boys' choir in July or August when it's really hot inside and I can't for the life of me get the heat out
    I always watch Catch Me If You Can every Christmas Eve. Tradition.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

i don't have any traditions for christmas other than the food itself. i don't understand any of that stuff. my wife's family is like that . they play the same christmas games, watch the same christmas movies and tv shows that they always watch... most of which are horrible.

we eat, drink, exchange gifts and that's it. no christmas carols around the piano, no steal the present game, no watching it's a wonderful life.

in years past, we've rented a hall or restaurant to get the entire extended family in one place. we've probably have had upwards of 40-50 family members at a christmas eve dinner. obviously we couldn't do those numbers this year, but we still had a good time.

Banned

I like to have The Godfather 1 and 2 playing on tv Christmas Day.

All our extended family traditions are thanksgiving, while xmas it's nuclear families. Reason if about 50-80% of Igbo ppl go back to Nigeria in december, so any given year most or some of us are there. My sister mom and dad are all there as we speak. My wifes entire family, cousins and all went except 2 siblings. But this year my mom stopped at our place before going and we had friends over and cooked all the food I stated earlier.

I'm a cheap ass especially when it comes to my self but this year my wife got me shit I would never in my life fork out the dough for so that was different. Got her and my son nice shit though as well as my nieces. Had people over, they were pretty lame but it was cool. My son was trying to flirt with my inlaws girlfriend so I'm happy he's not gay. If I have other kids it's cool if they're gay but not him cause that's my first son and he has to reproduce. Not that I had any reason to suspect, but it's always a good moment when a father sees his son do BIG BOY SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I don't eat mammals. The way we get meat or kill is usually (always?) morally dubious, and horrible for the environment. I rarely eat animals, but sometimes fish and the occasional bird gets eaten this time of year.

Sashimi and cheese are things I would miss if I ever went full vegan. There's no reason why some stuff can't be farmed responsibly, but most isn't so I just eat less.

I hate to be that guy, but I also don't care. It's a gross industry and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. If you personally humanely hunted wild animals it would be cool, but usually otherwise it's cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    We're about to eat turkey. The giant thing is gonna last weeks for sandwiches.
    LOL

That was funny. Freshly killed meat tastes better than meat from a box etc. I get goat from the mexican butchers at the african store and I know as a fact they kill that n******** that day. I'm not a big fan of meat anymore. I can only eat goat meat, chicken and beef, even well seasoned/prepped, taste like well seasoned paper to me. I do like a good ass steak though, that hasn't gone away. They have this brazillian place around me with what is easily the most fire fucking steak in the country. Have a hard time imagining steak being better. Those son of a bitches melt off the fork. I just got chills thinking of that shit. Fuck it, i'm going to go this week.

TSA did you get to go to Nigeria this year (maybe early 2020)? congrats on the BIG BOI son and the Brazilian steak, in that order
    Retired.

No, I'll be going 2022, maybe 2021 then regularly thereafter (every year). We're trying to set things up here to that we can live there for 4-5 years comfortably and that requires me having a passive income of X amount and business there so I'm setting all of that up now. No point going just yet.

Banned

Picanha (Brazilian) is the best. Them and Argentina do the best beef in the world, period. All these American bbq styles out a whole load of different spices on beef which is nice but in Brazil / Argentina it’s usually just seasoned well with salt and you don’t need much more than that.

My Argentine uncle has one of those crank bbq they have in his country and they’re amazing i want one
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.