Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real racism at Google. BW told her accent is a "disability".

{>____<}

Default Real racism at Google. BW told her accent is a "disability".

Here's an article regarding Google's crap.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...aff-internally

This sucks but I am not surprised. How can a CEO, who is Indian, overlook this?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

bout to read the article, thanks for posting
    Retired.

are there fixed standards in place for studies like computer science studies, I mean like common minimum achievements, that are the same for ALL colleges and universities?

I tried to research some through Google (lol). I did come across something called K-12 CS framework ( https://k12cs.org/ ), but I'm talking about the same thing on a higher level. it seems like this is state and district matter?

I read the whole article and if these people are telling the truth, which I don't really see why they wouldn't unless they were actually fired over other undisclosed reasons, it looks like something stinks over at Google. moreso since Sundar Pinchai issued an apology over the firing of the black AI expert who was preparing that report (the second case in the article)

maybe diversity recruiter jobs were only installed as an appeasement policy, IDK

this is the Baltimore accent?

do we have anyone from B'more on here at the corp?

is it frowned upon to speak with an accent in a job environment in the US? from my minimal experience w/ movies (I know I know lol) it doesn't seem that way?

down here we have a lot of people with what we call a strong Western accent in our region (there's larger cities and more job opportunities here than over there) and nobody calls them out on their accent in the office. when it comes to teaching some of them even teach Dutch with a slight accent and that's all accepted
    Retired.

Banned

lol fuck this woke cunt.

And fuck Google too, they deserve the headache.

so I wanted to see if there's a difference between a 'ghetto' B'more accent and a white people B'more accent. best part is when the Biggie ringtone starts playing when they interview the Brooklyn dude. that guy is also still rocking the Memphis Bleek look I see

28 years of listening to rap and I still only got New Orleans and Atlanta right. I only got Atlanta right because the dude said Bankhead too lol. he made it sound just like T.I. to

some of the guys in Jackson (blue shirt) and Inglewood (first guy to speak) were hard to understand. that one guy in Toronto I didn't get most of what he said

yeah I just spent 20 minutes listening to this. clearly a productive day so far
    Retired.

Banned

Just watch the Wire, in Particle the fat dude, I forget his name. Method mans uncle in it.

the B'more dialect was only in part 2 here (09:50). pretty strong accent. sounds nothing like what those white people said in the first vids

this one's got time stamps per region btw
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Just watch the Wire, in Particle the fat dude, I forget his name. Method mans uncle in it.
    good call. it's finally gonna go down this holiday. been waiting to watch it ever since I got HBO right before summer. I figure I can binge those 5 seasons now
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    good call. it's finally gonna go down this holiday. been waiting to watch it ever since I got HBO right before summer. I figure I can binge those 5 seasons now
    The actors that are from Baltimore’s are the ones to listen too.

The Professor is the dudes name and the girl Snoop. There’s are the most pronounced. Might take awhile before they’re introduced.

Banned

"April Christina Curley, a Black queer woman who joined Google in 2014, said she was hired by the company to "fundamentally shift the relationship (or lack thereof) that Google had with Historically Black Colleges and Universities," claiming that the tech giant has previously "NEVER hired an HBCU student into a tech role.""

"Curley was terminated by Google on Sept. 11, 2020. At the time of her departure, she claims that she "single handedly increased Google’s black engineering hiring from HBCUs by over 300%," bringing in more than 300 Black and Brown students from HBCUs who were hired into engineering roles."

Translation: black students were never good enough until some homo black woman (the ultimate SJW) shoehorned its way in to the organisation and started hiring people based on the colour of of their skin

"This white woman also told me that she never felt comfortably supporting my work because she was “intimidated” by me and therefore never considered me for leadership opportunities."

Lmao show me any business where this doesn't happen? That's why companies end up with boot licking cock sucker arse lickers in middle management roles

I'm so glad we don't have this problem in Australia because America is cannibalisng itself with this woke shit.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    How can a CEO, who is Indian, overlook this?
    Because Indians hate 'em lol why do you think they're obsessed with whitening their skin? It's hilarious how black Americans think that white people are the worst there is for racism when in reality nobody is pushing this BS woke shit harder than white people, go and talk to regional Asians, Arabs and Indians what they think of black of people lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    "April Christina Curley, a Black queer woman who joined Google in 2014, said she was hired by the company to "fundamentally shift the relationship (or lack thereof) that Google had with Historically Black Colleges and Universities," claiming that the tech giant has previously "NEVER hired an HBCU student into a tech role.""

"Curley was terminated by Google on Sept. 11, 2020. At the time of her departure, she claims that she "single handedly increased Google’s black engineering hiring from HBCUs by over 300%," bringing in more than 300 Black and Brown students from HBCUs who were hired into engineering roles."

Translation: black students were never good enough until some homo black woman (the ultimate SJW) shoehorned its way in to the organisation and started hiring people based on the colour of of their skin

"This white woman also told me that she never felt comfortably supporting my work because she was “intimidated” by me and therefore never considered me for leadership opportunities."

Lmao show me any business where this doesn't happen? That's why companies end up with boot licking cock sucker arse lickers in middle management roles

I'm so glad we don't have this problem in Australia because America is cannibalisng itself with this woke shit.

Because Indians hate 'em lol why do you think they're obsessed with whitening their skin? It's hilarious how black Americans think that white people are the worst there is for racism when in reality nobody is pushing this BS woke shit harder than white people, go and talk to regional Asians, Arabs and Indians what they think of black of people lol

Very true about “brown” people.

This whole woke movement ( basically give the unqualified black people shit they didn’t earn), is despised by everyone but anarcho-commie whites and establishment Dems who think it will keep blacks voting for them.

Banned

It’s telling that she said “black and brown” because these black woke SJW handout hunters NEVER want to push for Asians to get something fairly but yet they’re always left out of these discussions. Black Americans have historically been notoriously bad in their treatment of Asian Americans and jealous that Asians set up shop and do hard work to get ahead.

If a race war broke out in America what side do you think Hispanics will be on? Black people are disliked everywhere in the world outside of Africa, Western Europe, USA/Canada and Australia but white people are full of guilt and easily taken advantage of so this is what happens.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    It’s telling that she said “black and brown” because these black woke SJW handout hunters NEVER want to push for Asians to get something fairly but yet they’re always left out of these discussions. Black Americans have historically been notoriously bad in their treatment of Asian Americans and jealous that Asians set up shop and do hard work to get ahead.

If a race war broke out in America what side do you think Hispanics will be on? Black people are disliked everywhere in the world outside of Africa, Western Europe, USA/Canada and Australia but white people are full of guilt and easily taken advantage of so this is what happens.
    Mexicans and blacks have historically not gotten along in California.
    And they’re differently culturally. I’ve got more in common as an Italian with a Mexican or a Cuban than a black american would, culturally. Catholicism and the Latin patriarchal family structure being most common.

The “POC” stuff, people of color, probably just pisses Hispanics off because the woke movement is 100% about black people and they know it. That’s why it’s Black Lives Matter.

Black people don’t give a fuck about them either. Kamala Harris’ vacant senate seat was appointed to a Latino. And black womens response was they won’t forget it. I guess they felt they owned that senate seat.

So to answer your question, no. Two very different people.
    Last edited by Dooch; 12-22-2020 at 09:16 PM.

The ABBOTT

What Hispanics though. There is Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans and so on. They all have different outlooks. I don't ever see a race war here. Ever other person is a mix of something anymore. Where do the half breeds align.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    What Hispanics though. There is Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans and so on. They all have different outlooks. I don't ever see a race war here. Ever other person is a mix of something anymore. Where do the half breeds align.
    I don’t see one either. Everyone’s different even amongst there own race, then it can get regional or political.