Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real racism at Google. BW told her accent is a "disability".

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    are there fixed standards in place for studies like computer science studies, I mean like common minimum achievements, that are the same for ALL colleges and universities?

I tried to research some through Google (lol). I did come across something called K-12 CS framework ( https://k12cs.org/ ), but I'm talking about the same thing on a higher level. it seems like this is state and district matter?

I read the whole article and if these people are telling the truth, which I don't really see why they wouldn't unless they were actually fired over other undisclosed reasons, it looks like something stinks over at Google. moreso since Sundar Pinchai issued an apology over the firing of the black AI expert who was preparing that report (the second case in the article)

maybe diversity recruiter jobs were only installed as an appeasement policy, IDK

this is the Baltimore accent?

do we have anyone from B'more on here at the corp?

is it frowned upon to speak with an accent in a job environment in the US? from my minimal experience w/ movies (I know I know lol) it doesn't seem that way?

down here we have a lot of people with what we call a strong Western accent in our region (there's larger cities and more job opportunities here than over there) and nobody calls them out on their accent in the office. when it comes to teaching some of them even teach Dutch with a slight accent and that's all accepted
    All accents are acceptable except the black ones. Even if a black southerner and a white southerner have the same southern accent. This is not counting foreign accents but it's the same general rule, all none immediately recognizably european accents (and most Americans just know french, british, german and bortay) are seen as problems. I have mid-western accent and ppl assume I'm a white person with a deep voice until I meet them. Most Americans also can't wrap their heads around africans not having a southern antebellum based accent because this country is wild so it's extra confusing.

I can tell you as a fact that the conduct on the phone when they assume I'm a white guy from the mid west and when I'm in person is a huuuuuge gap, so anyone trying to act like this isn't real has no place in a conversation between adults. It's like trying to figure out where to spend Christmas and there's a 5 year old that's pissed because the choices don't have a chimney for santa. After a while, you will have to throat kick that very dumb child or you can't progress in the conversation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    You sound stupid as hell bro. I think you're generally against black people on an emotional level but instead of just saying that you try badgering around it and trying fit it into ration which makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about.

you're unfortunately too dumb for this already knuckle dragging forum. You have nothing insightful to say and you're consistently over your head on everything. There's no subject that gets brought up where you say something insightful. The end game of what you're saying is either there's no racism and it's a conspiracy theory, or that Ironman is unqualified for his work when he's literally more accomplished than you in all spheres of life. But he's black so you know, he's lying or unqualified for something? You literally just moved into a place with grass lol what do you know? Unless you're trying to say something I'm not catching, you're not a winner dude, just talk about lawns.
    Very defensive post.

Stay woke.
    Last edited by Dooch; 12-23-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Shaolin Master

lmao at this

Judge rules that a black defendant cannot be tried in a courtroom that has pictures of white people on the wall

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...portraits.html

Banned

All accents are acceptable except the black ones. Even if a black southerner and a white southerner have the same southern accent. This is not counting foreign accents but it's the same general rule, all none immediately recognizably european accents (and most Americans just know french, british, german and bortay) are seen as problems. I have mid-western accent and ppl assume I'm a white person with a deep voice until I meet them. Most Americans also can't wrap their heads around africans not having a southern antebellum based accent because this country is wild so it's extra confusing.

I can tell you as a fact that the conduct on the phone when they assume I'm a white guy from the mid west and when I'm in person is a huuuuuge gap, so anyone trying to act like this isn't real has no place in a conversation between adults. It's like trying to figure out where to spend Christmas and there's a 5 year old that's pissed because the choices don't have a chimney for santa. After a while, you will have to throat kick that very dumb child or you can't progress in the conversation.
    You’re white... I mean right.

People like you, Ironman and this queer google broad need a kick in the throat.

Banned

You literally have you tick a box in the US LOL. idk if it's like that in the US but everything you apply for here, you have you signify your race. Any job application or application for anything that requires credit like apartments etc.

You can then guess how that pans out. Then like Ironman said, they can look you up (which they do).
    Yeah not a thing here when looking for work except for "Aboriginal/Torres Straight Islander" which is more often than not a positive. I'm pretty sure that would be highly illegal here too under Equal Employment Opportunity Act 1987.

This article sums up applying for jobs in Australia:
    Dream Job Listing Finishes With ‘Must Be Fluent In Mandarin’

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/humans-of-betoota/dream-job-listing-finishes-with-must-be-fluent-in-mandarin/
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The ABBOTT

Why are white people in the America getting all pissed about BLM? How is any different than in previous times when racist whites organizations like KKK or neo nazis were harassing minoritys. It isn't so fun when you become you become the target.

I don't codone the actions of these losers who are part of antifa/BLM, but ignorant whites been doing the same over the years too. Don't try to get all upset when your own being doing the same. All of it anti productive to the majority of us who want to live peacefully. No race here deserves to be criticized more then another.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Yeah not a thing here when looking for work except for "Aboriginal/Torres Straight Islander" which is more often than not a positive. I'm pretty sure that would be highly illegal here too under Equal Employment Opportunity Act 1987.

This article sums up applying for jobs in Australia:
    Dream Job Listing Finishes With ‘Must Be Fluent In Mandarin’

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/huma...t-in-mandarin/
    Here it's 'must be bi-lingual' and spanish is the only lingual that counts lol. They started keeping tally (allegedly) because of affirmative action, but 10 states have dropped affirmative action and kept the questionnaire lol. In the states where that have affirmative action it's not enforced in any way what so ever. There's no 'penalty' for not being diverse or reward for being diverse. It's really just there because the primary question in employment in the US is race (as is the case with everything in the US if you haven't seen our movies, comedy, music, politics, history etc).

I had an austrlian guy I worked with that was telling me about the growing chinese influence there and how the government is cucking on overdrive. Bizarre dude, he thought native americans would be white guys with black hair LOL. Kept trying to invite me to play football with the other australians in town. They're a pretty tight knit group it sounded like.

I had an austrlian guy I worked with that was telling me about the growing chinese influence there and how the government is cucking on overdrive. Bizarre dude, he thought native americans would be white guys with black hair LOL.
    lol whut hahaha
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Why are white people in the America getting all pissed about BLM? How is any different than in previous times when racist whites organizations like KKK or neo nazis were harassing minoritys. It isn't so fun when you become you become the target.

I don't codone the actions of these losers who are part of antifa/BLM, but ignorant whites been doing the same over the years too. Don't try to get all upset when your own being doing the same. All of it anti productive to the majority of us who want to live peacefully. No race here deserves to be criticized more then another.
    I know people who’s businesses got smashed up by them. I know the guys that came out with guns defending their bakery, everybody does. Then they got targeted the next day by people who attempted to come their shop In Little Italy.

They got chased off by the neighborhood guys. But then with all that Columbus statue bullshit, the people came down again and vandalized Tony Brescia park, which is the park on the neighborhood.

Italians don’t want to hear all that kkk neo nazi bullshit. We don’t and can’t belong to those groups, we didn’t start them.

So don’t try to justify blm antifa on those bullshit grounds with us.

And don’t come at me (not you), with some weak “intersectional” victimhood bullshit about a “Midwest accent”.

It’s pretty simple. Learn your “white” people better, you’ll get less pushback from certain “white” people.

The ABBOTT

The leader of the U.S. neo nazi party is Rinaldo Nazzaro. LOL, that is the most Italian name ever, yet you cant belong?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    The leader of the U.S. neo nazi party is Rinaldo Nazzaro. LOL, that is the most Italian name ever, yet you cant belong?

I can finally join!!

My how white supremacy has sunk. Proud boys got a black Cuban, these dudes got a wop.

I’d be pissed if I was an Aryan.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post

People like you, Ironman and this queer google broad need a kick in the throat.
    Why?

I know people whoÂ’s businesses got smashed up by them. I know the guys that came out with guns defending their bakery, everybody does. Then they got targeted the next day by people who attempted to come their shop In Little Italy.

They got chased off by the neighborhood guys. But then with all that Columbus statue bullshit, the people came down again and vandalized Tony Brescia park, which is the park on the neighborhood.

Italians donÂ’t want to hear all that kkk neo nazi bullshit. We donÂ’t and canÂ’t belong to those groups, we didnÂ’t start them.
    The samething happen in Detroit/suburbs. The shoe/clothing stores were bordered up. The owners even had guards at their stores and some idiots were trying to start something.

I will admit that this past Summer the riots were just an excuse to cause chaos. Some of the people didn't care about Floyd and Taylor, they just wanted attention, to steal something, and/or to say that they aren't racist. I will say that they were people who truly cared about the cause but they were overlooked. it's all good until someone just killed or robbed by a loser.

That's what we're trying to separate ourselves from and it's hard. I can remember when I was younger, people would say, "weara suit so you won't appearing threatening"; "cut your hair very low so you won't appear threatening"; "smile a lot and be very nice so you won't appear threatening". I always laughed because looking good/fresh won't get me employed or keep me from getting killed. A lot of people don't get that.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Why?

The samething happen in Detroit/suburbs. The shoe/clothing stores were bordered up. The owners even had guards at their stores and some idiots were trying to start something.

I will admit that this past Summer the riots were just an excuse to cause chaos. Some of the people didn't care about Floyd and Taylor, they just wanted attention, to steal something, and/or to say that they aren't racist. I will say that they were people who truly cared about the cause but they were overlooked. it's all good until someone just killed or robbed by a loser.

That's what we're trying to separate ourselves from and it's hard. I can remember when I was younger, people would say, "weara suit so you won't appearing threatening"; "cut your hair very low so you won't appear threatening"; "smile a lot and be very nice so you won't appear threatening". I always laughed because looking good/fresh won't get me employed or keep me from getting killed. A lot of people don't get that.
    I’m going to make it more simplified so we can maybe empathize with eachother. The way you feel about certain white people or cops or the legal system in general, is the same as how I feel about certain black people, antifa-BLM groups or radical left politicians.

Distrust, sometimes hatred, disgust. Wide array of negative feelings based on truths, and experiences same as you and most everyone else.

I don’t know what else to say it’s pointless to argue is circles.

You asked me a really infantile question earlier, sort of demanded an answer.

I’m not a huge fan of woke culture. It reminds me of punk culture. They just want to be antagonistic.
    That doesn’t make me “against blacks”.

I wouldn’t not hire a person because they’re black.

Who do You think I am, Rinaldo Nazzaro?

{>____<}

I’m not a huge fan of woke culture. It reminds me of punk culture. They just want to be antagonistic. That doesn’t make me “against blacks”.
    She could've just filed a lawsuit against the company for being wrongfully fired. Google is big so they'll always throw money at people to shut them up.

I do understand. The MeToo movement was a bit much. Hell, flirting is sexual harassment now.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    She could've just filed a lawsuit against the company for being wrongfully fired. Google is big so they'll always throw money at people to shut them up.

I do understand. The MeToo movement was a bit much. Hell, flirting is sexual harassment now.
    All of it becomes a big troll job, usually pretty quickly.